Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Cartagenaphoto on June 07, 2015, 08:50:04 am

Title: Bridge in fog
Post by: Cartagenaphoto on June 07, 2015, 08:50:04 am
On the way to work on a morning with some fog I just had to stop here to make a picture of the old railway bridge.

I actually thought about this shot for some time.

Hope you like it.


Sony DSLR-A900
20mm F2.8
ƒ/13.0  
20.0 mm
1/50  
ISO 200



(https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7032/13388150053_c15cf4990a_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/mp4Lzk)

Fog bridge (https://flic.kr/p/mp4Lzk) by David Cartagena (https://www.flickr.com/photos/cartagenaphoto/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Bridge in fog
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 08, 2015, 04:11:42 am
I like the image, the contrast between the organic shapes of the trees and their limbs, and the shape of the brdge archway, is interesting. Plus the fog, which conveys some mistery.
Title: Re: Bridge in fog
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 08, 2015, 08:32:49 am
I like it, too.
But I'd be tempted to crop (sorry, Russ) down to the top of the bridge so the bright sky above doesn't compete with the foggy light showing under the bridge.
Title: Re: Bridge in fog
Post by: sdwilsonsct on June 08, 2015, 11:29:49 am
Inviting to the eye. I see Eric´s point but would hate to lose those branches. Looks like you have already adjusted the brightness in the sky and tunnel.
Title: Re: Bridge in fog
Post by: Otto Phocus on June 08, 2015, 11:41:51 am
I like that photograph.  It is pleasing and relaxing to look at.

Nicely done!
Title: Re: Bridge in fog
Post by: mseawell on June 08, 2015, 12:34:54 pm
To my eyes it looks good as is! Nice capture.

Mark
Title: Re: Bridge in fog
Post by: NancyP on June 08, 2015, 02:02:03 pm
I like this, and would not crop
Title: Re: Bridge in fog
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 08, 2015, 04:53:12 pm
I too like it, and I too would not crop because I like the branches. I would try to address Eric's point by darkening the bit above the bridge. A graduated mask in LR would do it, and I'm sure there are many other ways.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Bridge in fog
Post by: francois on June 09, 2015, 06:02:42 am
I tried different crops but in the end, I like it as it is.
Bravo!
Title: Re: Bridge in fog
Post by: brandtb on June 09, 2015, 08:05:20 am
There are some very nice tones (almost like silver print) in upper half of image, especially in the trees, and also side of bridge etc. You might try bringing up the darks/shadows in the lower half somewhat so the lower part of image "corresponds"/"relates" more with the upper...the darkest areas where trees meet grass in foreground and the edge of the dirt tracks "appear" somewhat crushed...and it's causing a harsh transition that is disjunct. /B
Title: Re: Bridge in fog
Post by: polaris-14 on June 09, 2015, 12:56:34 pm
Fog is magical. I really like the mood, but maybe a tad over sharpened?