Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: Eric Kellerman on June 06, 2015, 09:56:29 am

Title: Custom Brackets Digital PRO-SV Kit
Post by: Eric Kellerman on June 06, 2015, 09:56:29 am
Has anybody used the Custom Brackets Digital PRO-SV Kit (http://www.custombrackets.com/digital-pro-sv-kit.html)? On paper, it seems to me to be an excellent and simpler-to-use alternative to an L-bracket, and also independent of the make of camera it is used with.
Title: Re: Custom Brackets Digital PRO-SV Kit
Post by: Lightsmith on June 18, 2015, 10:28:53 pm
I use their Pro-E model as the arm provides a place to mount a flash and a RF transmitter for a remote flash and I can switch from a vertical to a horizontal shot and the flash stays in the proper orientation. The Pro-E with the quick release plate is very fast to set up and to take down as it is fully self contained.

When not using flash with a short lens I prefer the L bracket as I am not switching continually back and forth between camera orientations even when using tilt shift lenses for a panorama.

Custom Brackets makes first class gear that will hold up over the years. I would not hesitate to buy one of their products.
Title: Re: Custom Brackets Digital PRO-SV Kit
Post by: Eric Kellerman on July 13, 2015, 04:59:37 am
Thank you for the information.
Title: Re: Custom Brackets Digital PRO-SV Kit
Post by: Conner999 on July 13, 2015, 07:23:16 am
Well known Danish stock photog Yuri Arcurs loves it - on a monopod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOFkCZ6TtGQ
Title: Re: Custom Brackets Digital PRO-SV Kit
Post by: NancyP on July 13, 2015, 10:50:05 am
I have a Custom Brackets gimbal arm that is used with a sturdy ball head , and it is very well made.