Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: stamper on June 06, 2015, 09:04:39 am

Title: Lonesome me
Post by: stamper on June 06, 2015, 09:04:39 am
The girl is centrally placed. I couldn't find an off centre placing/crop that fitted the background which I feel is an important part of the composition.
Title: Re: Lonesome me
Post by: pegelli on June 06, 2015, 09:53:56 am
I like it, the lines of the stairs put a good emphasis on the girl sitting there.

If there is a bit more to the right in the frame (without unwanted distractions) that's where a bit more room could maybe improve.
All other sides are pretty well covered I think.
Title: Re: Lonesome me
Post by: RSL on June 06, 2015, 11:26:32 am
How well I know this problem. I've been up against it more times than I can count. But you're right, Stamper. The graphics of the wall, steps, etc., are what make the picture. But the woman is necessary. Without her you'd have a fairly good Atget, but without a central point of interest.