Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: stamper on June 06, 2015, 08:20:51 am

Title: Eleven O'Clock
Post by: stamper on June 06, 2015, 08:20:51 am
An oasis in a busy city.
Title: Re: Eleven O'Clock
Post by: pegelli on June 06, 2015, 10:00:05 am
Nice scene and light on the row of houses. I might prefer a bit more smooth sky, but that's probably just me
Title: Re: Eleven O'Clock
Post by: Rainer SLP on June 06, 2015, 01:16:56 pm
Nice scene and light on the row of houses. I might prefer a bit more smooth sky, but that's probably just me

I agree with pegelli about the grainy sky. If in the other details there would be a bit of more grain too then one could say it an effect but hre somehow the grainy sly and the not grainy buildings are not working together.
Title: Re: Eleven O'Clock
Post by: francois on June 09, 2015, 06:00:05 am
Same feeling about the sky but it's a minor detail and it's easy to fix.
Title: Re: Eleven O'Clock
Post by: stamper on June 09, 2015, 10:21:29 am
B&W isn't meant in any way to convey reality so there is more scope for interpretation? This is what I liked at the time but I take on board the comments.