Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: John V. on June 04, 2015, 01:18:17 am
-
There was a thread a while ago that taught me some printer jargon, but I forgot it, and I can't find the thread.
In regards to the proofing process, what's the proper term for:
1) A small print of the entire image. example: a 16x20" original image printed at 8x10" - to inspect color
2) A "to scale" section of an image.. example: a "chunk" of an image printed at its actual size- to inspect sharpening detail as well as color.
JD
-
1) A reduced size "proof" print, maybe?
2) a "100% crop" of the full res image.
kirk
-
1) a color test
2) a mag test
-
I would mostly go for the second method.
The reason why is when you print the entire image in a smaller size, the print driver will down sample the file by itself,
it may cost produce a more saturated color compare to the actual size.
I might be wrong but so far this is what I have experienced.
aaron