Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Motion & Video => Topic started by: jjj on June 02, 2015, 04:55:34 pm

Title: Stunning film poem of Tokyo
Post by: jjj on June 02, 2015, 04:55:34 pm
This is very nice indeed (https://vimeo.com/129171397).
Though I gather Chuzenji-ko isn't exactly in Tokyo.
Title: Re: Stunning film poem of Tokyo
Post by: elliot_n on June 02, 2015, 05:46:13 pm
Totally vacuous.
Title: Re: Stunning film poem of Tokyo
Post by: jjj on June 02, 2015, 06:20:15 pm
Not your taste then.
Title: Re: Stunning film poem of Tokyo
Post by: elliot_n on June 02, 2015, 06:26:15 pm
I liked the recorders.
Title: Re: Stunning film poem of Tokyo
Post by: graeme on June 03, 2015, 06:34:37 am
A Guinness advert?
Title: Re: Stunning film poem of Tokyo
Post by: jjj on June 03, 2015, 10:15:26 am
Why would you think that?
Title: Re: Stunning film poem of Tokyo
Post by: elliot_n on June 03, 2015, 12:06:57 pm
I imagine he's thinking of this. The soundtrack, the narrator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcdDg30VBgo
Title: Re: Stunning film poem of Tokyo
Post by: graeme on June 03, 2015, 05:02:01 pm
I imagine he's thinking of this. The soundtrack, the narrator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcdDg30VBgo

Yeah, & a few of their other ads. That was my immediate impression watching the vid.
Title: Re: Stunning film poem of Tokyo
Post by: jjj on June 03, 2015, 06:56:03 pm
Yeah, & a few of their other ads. That was my immediate impression watching the vid.
I guess you must think all landscape photographs look the same too, as they usually contain both sky and ground.  ::)
Are you also one of those people who falsely claim that all Latin/Dance/Rock/Classical or whichever genre you dislike, all sounds the same too?

The Guinness White Horses is one of my favourite bits of advertising film making, yet I never conflated the two because they are quite different.
Title: Re: Stunning film poem of Tokyo
Post by: elliot_n on June 03, 2015, 08:31:46 pm
In the Guinness commercial, the sound, music and pictures combine to make a coherent whole. The Tokyo film is incoherent. It doesn't make any sense. It's all style over substance. 
Title: Re: Stunning film poem of Tokyo
Post by: BernardLanguillier on June 05, 2015, 08:53:24 am
This is very nice indeed (https://vimeo.com/129171397).
Though I gather Chuzenji-ko isn't exactly in Tokyo.

Thanks for sharing.

In fact very little is filmed in Nikko/Chuzenji-ko. Half of the lake scenes are in Hakone/Ashinoko. Only Kegon no taki and a few views of Nantai san are around Chuzenji-ko that is indeed more than 100 kms North East of Tokyo.

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: Stunning film poem of Tokyo
Post by: jjj on June 05, 2015, 09:03:06 am
Thanks for sharing.

In fact very little is filmed in Nikko/Chuzenji-ko. Half of the lake scenes are in Hakone/Ashinoko. Only Kegon no taki and a few views of Nantai san are around Chuzenji-ko that is indeed more than 100 kms North East of Tokyo.
The percentage doesn't matter really, the fact it's a different place does.
Title: Re: Stunning film poem of Tokyo
Post by: graeme on June 06, 2015, 05:37:20 pm
I guess you must think all landscape photographs look the same too, as they usually contain both sky and ground.  ::)
Are you also one of those people who falsely claim that all Latin/Dance/Rock/Classical or whichever genre you dislike, all sounds the same too?

The Guinness White Horses is one of my favourite bits of advertising film making, yet I never conflated the two because they are quite different.


No.

http://www.alexandredeschaumes.com looks quite different from http://www.chuckkimmerle.com/gallery_winter.shtml to my eyes.

I don't bother placing music in genres, I just listen to stuff if it interests me or I like it. I don't even worry about whether it's any good or not.

The track used for the White Horses ad is one of my favourite tracks ( I'd go for the Dave Clarke remix ).

Favourite ads? Probably

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SAbJjktk7E
Title: Re: Stunning film poem of Tokyo
Post by: jjj on June 08, 2015, 07:37:42 pm
No.

http://www.alexandredeschaumes.com looks quite different from http://www.chuckkimmerle.com/gallery_winter.shtml to my eyes.
Point missed entirely. Of course they are different.

Just like the ad and the video are.
Title: Re: Stunning film poem of Tokyo
Post by: Prakash Patel on June 09, 2015, 10:13:45 pm
Very beautiful indeed.

Truly amazing what this guy does with the most minimum simple gear.

Visual and sound poetry...thanks for posting the link