Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: Some Guy on May 31, 2015, 02:53:54 pm

Title: Power flash. Guide Number=450.
Post by: Some Guy on May 31, 2015, 02:53:54 pm
Had a reason to shoot distance with telephoto, but I needed a flash to overcome the outdoor desert sun.  Found a old discarded backpack frame and came up with this thing.

Wireless via CyberCommander and a Buff VagaBond Mini on the pack frame for power.  Two White Lightning 1800 heads.  Couple of 18 degree dishes.  That should do it.   ;D

SG
Title: Re: Power flash. Guide Number=450.
Post by: Petrus on June 01, 2015, 09:11:11 am
A bunch of 120W automotive LED narrow beam headlights might also work...
Title: Re: Power flash. Guide Number=450.
Post by: Ellis Vener on June 04, 2015, 02:02:49 pm
Have you also looked at the Paul C. Buff Retro-Laser reflectors? http://www.paulcbuff.com/22rlr.php
Title: Re: Power flash. Guide Number=450.
Post by: Some Guy on June 04, 2015, 05:51:32 pm
Have you also looked at the Paul C. Buff Retro-Laser reflectors? http://www.paulcbuff.com/22rlr.php

Don't know if I could get my head between a pair of them on the backpack, but thanks for the link and idea.

I might try a pair of 22" dishes I have and see.  Needs to focus the light to a tight beam and long throw both.  Buff's tech thinks they might be more than GN=450 in unison as in the photo, maybe GN=650 or so.

More is better in desert sun and sand.

SG