Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: William Walker on May 30, 2015, 04:09:57 pm

Title: Cows in the Spotlight
Post by: William Walker on May 30, 2015, 04:09:57 pm
The shaft of light through the clouds and focused on the cattle made me stop. I would like to know what you think of it...

Thanks
William
Title: Re: Cows in the Spotlight
Post by: Rainer SLP on May 30, 2015, 04:55:16 pm
Great image  :o
Title: Re: Cows in the Spotlight
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 30, 2015, 11:13:53 pm
Great image  :o
I agree.
Title: Re: Cows in the Spotlight
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 31, 2015, 03:50:28 am
Lovely light. Well seen.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Cows in the Spotlight
Post by: Chairman Bill on May 31, 2015, 04:43:09 am
That's one I wish I'd taken
Title: Re: Cows in the Spotlight
Post by: stamper on May 31, 2015, 05:07:08 am
It was worth the stop. One or two of them has taken a fancy to you but most seem to be ignoring you. ;)
Title: Re: Cows in the Spotlight
Post by: brandtb on May 31, 2015, 08:12:19 am
Really a very nice shot/light/color/subjects etc. That said, I don't think so much of the right hand side of frame needs to be there...it just takes away from the power/focus of a "centralized group". I would look at it with the right 1/6th cropped off. /B
Title: Re: Cows in the Spotlight
Post by: RSL on May 31, 2015, 11:31:41 am
It's a grand shot, William. I remember a similar situation a few years ago when I was driving across Texas in a frost storm. Suddenly the sun popped out and fell on a windmill behind a fence in an empty field. I slammed on the brakes, pulled off, jumped out, ran closer to the fence and banged off a shot. About the time the shutter closed the light disappeared. That picture's at http://www.russ-lewis.com/photo_gallery/InPassing/content/West_Texas_2_large.html.
Title: Re: Cows in the Spotlight
Post by: BobDavid on May 31, 2015, 08:25:20 pm
Like it!
Title: Re: Cows in the Spotlight
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 31, 2015, 10:34:37 pm
I like it too.
And it needs the right side to show the edge of the sunlit area.
Title: Re: Cows in the Spotlight
Post by: luxborealis on May 31, 2015, 10:49:04 pm
Lovely light. Well seen.

Jeremy

+1
Title: Re: Cows in the Spotlight
Post by: William Walker on June 02, 2015, 03:13:22 am
That's one I wish I'd taken

Thanks for taking the trouble and also the feedback.

Bill, I always think the above compliment is as nice as one can give, coming from someone whose work you admire makes it even more so. Thank you.

William
Title: Re: Cows in the Spotlight
Post by: spidermike on June 02, 2015, 03:16:48 am
I like the effect of this one - very well seen for what was probably a brief moment. I think the right side is a tad too wide but that is a minor point IMO
Title: Re: Cows in the Spotlight
Post by: Bob_B on June 02, 2015, 09:32:24 am
That's one I wish I'd taken

+1. Exactly my thought.