Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: JRSmit on May 29, 2015, 02:26:43 am
-
I have published a review on Hahnemuhle FineArt Baryta Satin 300gr/m2.
Personally I like this paper!
Check this post in my blog: http://wp.me/p4LKIu-uA
The post is in Dutch, but close to the end there is a link to an English version of the testreport ( a gesture to those that cannot read Dutch ;-)).
Included are 2 images on analysis of profiling result:
From images printed my conclusion is: It is a very nice Fine Art paper with a light texture in the surface so characteristic for Fine Art papers. The reproduction of colors is very fine indeed, the tone curve almost ideal. From the highlights down into the deep blacks the details remain very visible with a high detail-sharpness. The sense of depth or 3-dimensionality is very good. The paper white has a light creamy color, which adds a fine and subtle glow to the printed image.
-
Has anyone had the change to play with this paper? I am interested in experiences from others to learn from.
-
Has anyone had the change to play with this paper? I am interested in experiences from others to learn from.
I'm trying to track some down. Nowhere to find yet in the USA AFAIK...at least not from any of the major dealers. I emailed a marketing contact at Hanmemuhle USA a couple of days ago to ask how I might obtain...no reply so far.
best,
Mark
http://www.aardenburg-imaging.com
-
I was wondering how it differs from the 325 gm paper
Regards,
Dale
-
I'm trying to track some down. Nowhere to find yet in the USA AFAIK...at least not from any of the major dealers. I emailed a marketing contact at Hanmemuhle USA a couple of days ago to ask how I might obtain...no reply so far.
best,
Mark
http://www.aardenburg-imaging.com
Mark,
Not available yet either in The Netherlands. Just samples. Contacted the HM agent for NL and my distributor some weeks ago again as one of my customers likes to try it. Will email the agent this evening as I have another suggestion for a paper quality.
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
December 2014 update, 700+ inkjet media white spectral plots
-
I'm trying to track some down. Nowhere to find yet in the USA AFAIK...at least not from any of the major dealers. I emailed a marketing contact at Hanmemuhle USA a couple of days ago to ask how I might obtain...no reply so far.
Het
best,
Mark
http://www.aardenburg-imaging.com
keep me informed Mark.
-
Mark,
Not available yet either in The Netherlands. Just samples. Contacted the HM agent for NL and my distributor some weeks ago again as one of my customers likes to try it. Will email the agent this evening as I have another suggestion for a paper quality.
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
December 2014 update, 700+ inkjet media white spectral plots
Enst did you check Arca? I got my roll via them.
-
Enst did you check Arca? I got my roll via them.
My supplier too and I asked them to inform me. Will call.
Edit: ordered a roll, the supply started it seems.
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
December 2014 update, 700+ inkjet media white spectral plots
-
Hello All,
An interesting and timely thread, since a customer has asked me to get some information on the Han Fine Art Baryta. I do have a couple of sample sheets, so I'll let her get the look and feel of the paper. One question I would pose here concerns OBA content. How does this Han paper stack up against EEF. I like EEF, but I don't like what I've been reading about the rather large amount of OBA it contains. A bit of information concerning the difference in OBA loads between these two papers(perhaps including IGFS as well) would be greatly appreciated.
Gary
LuLa - The source of ALL!
-
Hello All,
An interesting and timely thread, since a customer has asked me to get some information on the Han Fine Art Baryta. I do have a couple of sample sheets, so I'll let her get the look and feel of the paper. One question I would pose here concerns OBA content. How does this Han paper stack up against EEF. I like EEF, but I don't like what I've been reading about the rather large amount of OBA it contains. A bit of information concerning the difference in OBA loads between these two papers(perhaps including IGFS as well) would be greatly appreciated.
Gary
LuLa - The source of ALL!
fineart baryta or fineart baryta satin? The fineart baryta 325grm has quite a bit of OBA. The fineart baryta satin 300grm has no OBA. The surface texture is also different.
-
The fineart baryta satin 300grm has no OBA
Yes, it has small OBA content - like all other IGGFS clones.
-
Yes, it has small OBA content - like all other IGGFS clones.
The IGGFS clone is the Hahnemühle Photo Silk Baryta 310 gsm and that one has the same OBA content the new IGGFS has and Felix Schoeller's J23160 True Baryta 310 gsm.
The paper discussed here is more an equivalent of the Hahnemühle Photorag Baryta 315 gsm but made on an alpha cellulose base and 300 gsm. Both have no OBA content. I have to measure the discussed paper again on the roll I received, to see whether nothing has changed between samples and production batches though. Rumor had it that the delay was caused by coating issues.
I agree product names should get a distinctive product number next to it like Innova does and Felix Schoeller tries. The names become confusing.
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
December 2014 update, 700+ inkjet media white spectral plots
-
Thanks Ernst! Guess I need to update my Hahnemuehle sample library...
Jan - I'm sorry for the confusion.
-
Czornyj no problem . The hahnemuhle names can be confusing. For my own use I use shortcode like HFABS300 or HFAB325 to make it easier to distinguish.
-
just realized today that Fine Art Baryta has been phased out. What is the closest Hahnemuhle to the FAB? this sounds like I'm gonna have to re-find a favorite paper all over again.....
Not really. They still make and sell it as usual.
-
I realized this
🏽
🏽. B&H for some reason has it listed as no longer available and also available. This just sent me scrambling but after calling Hahnemuhle USA I was set straight. Thanks