Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: Herbc on May 27, 2015, 09:03:42 pm

Title: Polarizer mounting for Leica 19mm f2.8
Post by: Herbc on May 27, 2015, 09:03:42 pm
It does not seem Leitz wanted anybody to have filters on this lens other than the ones they built into it.

Has anyone succeeded in fitting a circular polarizer to one?  I have version II, if that helps.
Title: Re: Polarizer mounting for Leica 19mm f2.8
Post by: mshea on May 29, 2015, 02:22:42 pm
I own one too and unless you used a few step-up adapter rings and then maybe gaffer-taped it to the lens, I can't think of anything that would work, and it would be pretty awkward.  I don't know about you, but I've found that polarizers on wide angles don't produce even results across the frame on deep blue skies.

Merrill
Title: Re: Polarizer mounting for Leica 19mm f2.8
Post by: Herbc on May 29, 2015, 02:51:11 pm
I think you are right- I just got it and have a routine to try to have a polarizer handy.  Come to think of it, some of  my winners were shot with no filter.  This lens has a built in uv, that may do enough. 8)