Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: PeterAit on May 24, 2015, 04:32:58 pm
-
I would like to print some music scores larger than the standard 8.5 x 11. preferably 11 x 17. I have no printer other than my 7900 that can print larger than 8.5 x 11. Can I put regular "inkjet paper" in the 7900 and print? Are the inks suitable for this task? Thanks.
-
Same K3 in as my r2400 or 3880. So I don't think it shouldn't work.
-
Well when you do a nozzle check presumably you use plain paper. I have used plain paper in my 3880 occasionally. It is just expensive compared to an office printer, but if it's all you have then I can't see a problem.
-
It will work fine but pick a media setting like plain paper to minimize the ink load.
Paul
-
Thanks, all.
-
Compared to a low capacity ink cartridge inkjet printer, a 7900 is exceptionally cheap in materials. You just use the printer driver for plain paper, or coated.
-
Depending on how many pages you are going to print! If you are going to be printing a lot, individual page feeding is going to be a PITA, Buy a roll of something like 17" Enhanced Matte(relatively cheap) and use a program that will mark the page margins like Qimage Ult, where you can mark the page corners for trimming later ;-)
-
Epson "Presentation Paper Matte" will work....I print maps on it all the time.
-
I would like to print some music scores larger than the standard 8.5 x 11. preferably 11 x 17. I have no printer other than my 7900 that can print larger than 8.5 x 11. Can I put regular "inkjet paper" in the 7900 and print? Are the inks suitable for this task? Thanks.
Hi Peter,
Except for the higher cost of ink carts with these printers as opposed to a standard desktop printer, there's no problem running regular office paper in a 7900. I use it all the time for printing nozzle check patterns, 6 to a sheet, both sides. One thing you'll have to take into account is to make sure you are running the matte black ink. Otherwise you won't get a good solid black, which you would want for printing musical scores I imagine. And of course if you do use one of the matte papers you'd be running MK regardless. Other than those two factors, not a problem.
Gary