Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: tluk on May 24, 2015, 11:27:22 am

Title: H3DII39 Sinar P2 setup
Post by: tluk on May 24, 2015, 11:27:22 am
I am buying adapter plate for my Sinar P2 to use it with H3DII39 digital back, I have Sinar DB shutter but could use bit help with the setup and workflow. I assume the flash cable need to be connected from the camera DB shutter to the digital backs in port as well as firewire cable to laptop in order to provide power for the back.

But do you need to set any specific settings in Phocus inside camera control, I did read something about 1/8th shutter speed. Thats something Im still bit confused. I understood that there is no need to wake up the back prior exposure, after releasing the Sinar shutter with right aperture and shutter speed settings does it send sync signal to the digital back and then transfer the image to the computer?
Title: Re: H3DII39 Sinar P2 setup
Post by: chiek on June 01, 2015, 10:19:31 pm
First, You must connect firewire cable and not operate PHOCUS.
then Back power on and You can set up your back camera mode. choose Flash-sync and shutter speed . studio flash is 1/8sec.

after camera setting, Run phocus.