Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Camera Raw Q&A => Topic started by: sonarthug on May 21, 2015, 02:50:15 pm

Title: How to search for original Canon 1Ds Raw files.
Post by: sonarthug on May 21, 2015, 02:50:15 pm
The original Canon 1Ds RAW files had the extension of .TIF Of course now the camera file names end in .CR2 etc. I am having trouble searching my Mac for these files because I can't figure out how to do a search that would distinguish the 1Ds raw files of .TIF versus the regular extension of .tif. Can anyone suggest a utility to help this search?
On a iMac, iMac10,1 running OS X 10.9.5
Thanks,
Joe
Title: Re: How to search for original Canon 1Ds Raw files.
Post by: Redcrown on May 22, 2015, 12:22:54 am
Easy in Adobe Bridge, do you have it?

Filter by Camera Model for the 1Ds, then filter for camera raw. Only the tifs will show.
Title: Re: How to search for original Canon 1Ds Raw files.
Post by: sonarthug on May 28, 2015, 10:49:54 am
I tried this in Bridge but it kept crashing. I was trying to search a networked drive that contained editorial photography from the past 15 years.
I ended up using my tried and true go to search tool. Find Any File will find anything. I use a Mac. I don't know if its available for the PC. It search a networked drive that contained over 98000 images. I wasn't able to directly search for RAW files but I did a search for .TIF and that it was Case Sensitive. With the search results I then opened the folder in Bridge and went from there.
We are trying to clear out RAW files and convert them all to .dng. The .TIF and .tif were causing some end users to access the RAW files that would not work on their Macs and PCs.
Find Any File located all the files within minutes. I couldn't get Bridge to do that to one of four folders without crashing.
Find Any File is also much more helpful finding anything on a Mac that you think Spotlight would locate. Especially hidden files.
It is only $8 on the Mac App Store. Here is the link to the Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/find-any-file/id402569179?mt=12
It is only shareware of $6 at the developer site: http://apps.tempel.org/FindAnyFile/