Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Capture One Q&A => Topic started by: Fons on May 20, 2015, 03:09:30 pm
-
Just found out that C2 8.2 does not handle scanned non-camera jpg files. I had several 100 scanned jpg's in my Aperture library and they were all happily ignored (without warning) during the Aperture library import process. What the heck? How do I do DAM of these files? Have to use LR next to C1 to replace Aperture? How come nobody complained about this? I am going crazy finding a functional equivalent for Aperture. F*&k Apple for killing Aperture.
I've submitted a feature request to PhaseOne, but this is just a warning so you don't run into the same problem for the time being.
Cheers, Fons.
-
Just found out that C2 8.2 does not handle scanned non-camera jpg files. I had several 100 scanned jpg's in my Aperture library and they were all happily ignored (without warning) during the Aperture library import process. What the heck? How do I do DAM of these files? Have to use LR next to C1 to replace Aperture? How come nobody complained about this? I am going crazy finding a functional equivalent for Aperture. F*&k Apple for killing Aperture.
I've submitted a feature request to PhaseOne, but this is just a warning so you don't run into the same problem for the time being.
Cheers, Fons.
totally stupid suggestion - may be convert them to .tiff container ?
-
Just found out that C2 8.2 does not handle scanned non-camera jpg files. I had several 100 scanned jpg's in my Aperture library and they were all happily ignored (without warning) during the Aperture library import process. What the heck? How do I do DAM of these files? Have to use LR next to C1 to replace Aperture? How come nobody complained about this? I am going crazy finding a functional equivalent for Aperture. F*&k Apple for killing Aperture.
I've submitted a feature request to PhaseOne, but this is just a warning so you don't run into the same problem for the time being.
Cheers, Fons.
For the most part, Capture One does support JPEG files. It shouldn't matter where they come from. But there are some factors that could cause Capture One to ignore the files. For example, Capture One will not work with particularly small JPEG files.
You may want to consult with Phase One support. They're usually quite responsive.
-
There is probably something wrong with the JPG files. Do CMD-I on them. Check the permissions. Copy them to a separate folder and see if they import then.
-
I tried to import my scanned jpeg(documents, not images) and it worked. So something else is wrong in your setup. I am on a PC though.
-
I too have just imported several hundred such files into COP only two being rejected. The only slight problem is that some are too small to edit and so you can't change the metadata. I can live with that.
Aperture also used to have problems with small jpegs.
David Edge
-
I use C1 Pro with scanned jpgs and have for a long time. Current version as well.