Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chairman Bill on May 20, 2015, 02:22:40 pm

Title: Bluebells
Post by: Chairman Bill on May 20, 2015, 02:22:40 pm
.
Title: Re: Bluebells
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 20, 2015, 02:34:52 pm
Pretty. Nice shallow DoF. Might darken the few very light areas, particularly the big one on the right.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Bluebells
Post by: RSL on May 20, 2015, 04:54:06 pm
I agree with Jeremy, Bill. You ought to be able to select the flowers with the Quick Selection Tool, raise the brightness on the flowers, then reverse the selection and lower the background even farther.

I like the shot.
Title: Re: Bluebells
Post by: Chairman Bill on May 20, 2015, 05:32:23 pm
Thanks for the comments. As for the quick selection tool - I've no idea what that is. At a guess, it's something from Photoshop?
Title: Re: Bluebells
Post by: luxborealis on May 20, 2015, 05:56:53 pm
Not to worry - the same thing can be done in Lightroom using the Auto Mask feature of the Adjustment Brush.
Title: Re: Bluebells
Post by: Chairman Bill on May 20, 2015, 06:02:33 pm
I don't have Lightroom either, but I'll play with it in Aperture