Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Isaac on May 14, 2015, 11:30:48 am
-
Hyperlapse -- a method for converting first-person videos, for example, captured with a helmet camera during activities such as rock climbing or bicycling, into hyperlapse videos: time-lapse videos with a smoothly moving camera. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sA4Za3Hv6ng)
"Our method is fundamentally different from previous approaches. It reconstructs a full 3D camera path and world model. This enables smoothing the camera path in space-time and generating an output video with a constant-speed camera, skipping over 'slow' parts of the input video, such as waiting times in front of red lights. Just as importantly, our method can fill the missing regions in the video above by stitching together pixels from multiple input frames. Thanks to these two innovations we can handle much 'wilder' input videos, such as climbing or riding."
-
Very interesting, thanks for sharing
-
It's a lot of work but results are impressive.
Edit: typo correction
-
I don't get it. You can do the same thing by just speeding up regular footage... with or without ramping and then smooth with warp stabilizer. Why time-lapse?
-
I don't get it. You can do the same thing by just speeding up regular footage... with or without ramping and then smooth with warp stabilizer. Why time-lapse?
Exactly.
-
I don't get it. You can do the same thing by just speeding up regular footage... with or without ramping and then smooth with warp stabilizer. Why time-lapse?
I don't know but I read this FAQ ;-)
"What is best way to capture timelapse; with stills or video 'sped up'? (http://forum.timescapes.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1871)"