Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: seamus finn on May 12, 2015, 07:12:20 am

Title: Basilica of St. Augustine
Post by: seamus finn on May 12, 2015, 07:12:20 am
In Rome's Basilica of St. Augustine, evening light casts shadows on white, protective netting near the roof.

Title: Re: Basilica of St. Augustine
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on May 12, 2015, 09:02:15 am
Very cool and well seen, Seamus.
Title: Re: Basilica of St. Augustine
Post by: seamus finn on May 12, 2015, 09:18:38 am
This is what the rest of it looked like:



Title: Re: Basilica of St. Augustine
Post by: pegelli on May 12, 2015, 10:31:26 am
The first is lovely, really like the play of light on the veils.

The second feels a bit too "truncated" at the bottom, and therefore falls short of the first.
Title: Re: Basilica of St. Augustine
Post by: mbaginy on May 12, 2015, 10:33:03 am
I agree with Slobodan, a nice image (first).  I imagine, it would work well in b&w too.
Title: Re: Basilica of St. Augustine
Post by: seamus finn on May 12, 2015, 10:48:33 am
I agree - the second one is truncated. I only posted it to give the first one a bit of context.
Title: Re: Basilica of St. Augustine
Post by: RSL on May 12, 2015, 11:28:52 am
To quote a famous statement: "Photographing is nothing. Looking is everything." That's looking, Seamus.

Finally back in Manitou Springs -- just in time for a snowstorm.