Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Mirrorless Cameras => Topic started by: Iluvmycam on May 11, 2015, 03:53:34 pm
-
I had written a review of the M240 a few months ago on DP, but they refused to publish it. The controlling bastard that runs DP banned me after about 2 days. They must only want ‘yes men and fan boys’ over there.
(nsfw)
https://danielteolijr.wordpress.com/2015/05/11/my-review-of-the-leica-m240-that-dp-refused-to-publish/
-
So why precisely were you banned (or believe you were banned) from DPR? Surely not because of your vituperative writing style.
-
"I didn’t keep a copy of the review..."
Yaah, that's a problem when you write with a quill and papirus ;)
-
I managed to read through your piece of fine writing, and my conclusion is that what you wrote is not a review. Your conclusion is that the pictures the camera takes are not worth 7000$. Well, the camera is not responsible for the photographer's decisions...
It is all relative, someone might argue that a camera phone takes better pics than your 400$ Fuji cam...
-
What makes you think that you are qualified to review any camera??
And what makes you think that any magazine or website should publish anything you write?
The answers to those questions are certainly not evident in the link you provided.
-
What makes you think that you are qualified to review any camera??
And what makes you think that any magazine or website should publish anything you write?
The answers to those questions are certainly not evident in the link you provided.
The freedom of the press belongs to the owner of the press :)
Edmund
-
Perhaps if you had submitted better photos with the review?
-
Perhaps if you had submitted better photos with the review?
How could he? It's the camera.
-
How could he? It's the camera.
Boom goes the dynamite!
-
I would think what you wrote there was more a rant than review, though I did like some of you early B&W film shots a lot.
-
Daniel (Iluvmycam),
I see from your Bio that you've got dozens and dozens of your books in the collections of various libraries. I noticed that your current book (Mardi Gras Bikers) is priced at $3,500. I'm really impressed and curious.
How does this come to pass? Do they contact you after becoming aware of a book's availability somehow? If so, how do they become aware? Or, do you contact them to see if they are interested? Or....??? Are the libraries purchasing them, or are you donating your work to them? When do you print your books? On demand, after someone orders one from you? Or do you hand print a full edition and then you can provide them?
This is a very different model for disseminating one's photography from what is normally discussed on this site regarding the sale of fine art or decorative photography.
thanks
Brad
-
Thanks for sharing,
Great photos (regardless of camera)! In my humble opinion its worth to discuss what a 'review' should cover. When reading a review I expect a mix of objective and subjective parts. This review falls more in the latter. So I consider this more as some of your impressions of the M.
Its a bit hard to see why this and/or you should be banned because of the review. It might be a bit harsh on the gear-heads, but even some of these take a lot of good photos?
Please continue to share your thoughts ad photos.