Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Drew Harty on May 09, 2015, 10:47:58 am

Title: Service for Mamiya Lens
Post by: Drew Harty on May 09, 2015, 10:47:58 am
Can anyone recommend a good camera repair shop that can test and realign Mamiya lens? Has anyone sent lens to Mamiya Leaf for services?

I have had great service from Canon cleaning and realigning lens elements on a couple of my lens and would like to find a reputable place to have a couple Mamiya lens serviced.

Thanks,  Drew Harty
Title: Re: Service for Mamiya Lens
Post by: Paul2660 on May 09, 2015, 10:51:32 am
I would consider the MAC group. That used to be Mamiyas repair group. I have had them work on several lenses over the years and they do good work.

Info should be in the main Mamiya USA  site.

I assumed you are in the U.S. 

PAUL
Title: Re: Service for Mamiya Lens
Post by: yaya on May 09, 2015, 11:47:02 am
Can anyone recommend a good camera repair shop that can test and realign Mamiya lens? Has anyone sent lens to Mamiya Leaf for services?

I have had great service from Canon cleaning and realigning lens elements on a couple of my lens and would like to find a reputable place to have a couple Mamiya lens serviced.

Thanks,  Drew Harty

Hi Drew, if you would like us to take care of the lens please contact either your local Mamiya Leaf partner (http://www.mamiyaleaf.com/partners.html) or Support (http://www.phaseone.com/en/SupportMain/ContactSupport.aspx)

BR

Yair
Title: Re: Service for Mamiya Lens
Post by: SecondFocus on May 11, 2015, 11:17:12 pm
Just so it is clear, MAC Group no longer services Mamiya.
Title: Re: Service for Mamiya Lens
Post by: Paul2660 on May 12, 2015, 12:40:17 am
What is the process?  The last time I had a lens serviced there was a U.S. number to call. They dispatched the info to MAC. Everything now points to Phase One but I after spending a whole there Phaae says to contact a Mamiya service center for Mamiya products.

Is there a U.S. number to call?  In the old days the number was on the main Mamiya website.

Thanks
Paul
Title: Re: Service for Mamiya Lens
Post by: Steve Hendrix on May 12, 2015, 06:10:00 pm
What is the process?  The last time I had a lens serviced there was a U.S. number to call. They dispatched the info to MAC. Everything now points to Phase One but I after spending a whole there Phaae says to contact a Mamiya service center for Mamiya products.

Is there a U.S. number to call?  In the old days the number was on the main Mamiya website.

Thanks
Paul



For Phase One/Mamiya D Lenses and Schneider LS lenses for the DF/DF+ camera system, any Leaf/Phase One dealer can navigate repairs.

For older lenses, particularly RZ/RB, etc, Precision Camera has been tasked with the responsibility.

http://www.precisioncameraworks.com

MAC (Mamiya America Corp) no longer has anything to do with Mamiya products, sales or service. I know, weird.

Perhaps there is a name change in their future, since they certainly do continue to carry a large stable of well-regarded product lines (Benro, Induro, Ilford, Kupo, Limelite, MeFoto, Pocket Wizard, Tenba, Elinchrom, Bowens, Sekonic, Toyo, Gepe, Heliopan, NovaFlex, Kaiser, Vu Filters).

Gepe/Heliopan/NovaFlex/Kaiser were recently picked up from the former distributor HP Marketing.


To be sure - if you purchased Phase One/Mamiya D or SK LS lenses though a dealer, that dealer can manage that repair process for you.


Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Title: Re: Service for Mamiya Lens
Post by: Paul2660 on May 12, 2015, 07:46:44 pm
Steve

Thanks for the information. I knew MAC was still out there. Good to get the clarification.

Paul

Title: Re: Service for Mamiya Lens
Post by: JohnBrew on May 13, 2015, 07:38:51 am
The service will be held at First Presbyterian Church on Walnut St., 2:30 pm on Saturday. A reception will follow for next of kin in the annex. ;D