Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on May 07, 2015, 12:12:48 pm

Title: Moonset
Post by: Chris Calohan on May 07, 2015, 12:12:48 pm
Two versions for your viewing pleasure
Title: Re: Moonset
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 07, 2015, 02:51:38 pm
The twig is just spearing the moon. If it were cradling it, I'd appreciate it; but as it is, it feels wrong. IMHO, of course.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Moonset
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 07, 2015, 05:06:00 pm
It certainly is an aggressive tree, but I rather like the encounter. Both color and BW work for me.
Title: Re: Moonset
Post by: Chris Calohan on May 07, 2015, 07:18:14 pm
Cradling seemed a bit on the kitzche side for me. I liked the interaction between the two elements as I first saw them.
Title: Re: Moonset
Post by: BobDavid on May 08, 2015, 12:53:14 am
It's a spooky moody photo ... not a typical moonshot.
Title: Re: Moonset
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 08, 2015, 03:55:37 am
Cradling seemed a bit on the kitzche side for me. I liked the interaction between the two elements as I first saw them.

Fair enough. I quite like clichéd kitsch, though.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Moonset
Post by: brandtb on May 08, 2015, 05:16:01 am
Not a particularly strong image for a number of reasons, but the moon looking like an "appendage of the tree" is not so successful