Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: shaun on May 07, 2015, 04:34:25 am

Title: epson 3800 photo ink out but want to print with matt ink
Post by: shaun on May 07, 2015, 04:34:25 am
Hi

My epson 3800 photo black ink has run out. I have been printing with matt black and want to continue doing so but now I get a message saying to replace photo black. Is there a way around this as I want to do a few prints over the weekend and won't get an ink replacement until mid next week.

Thanks
Shaun
Title: Re: epson 3800 photo ink out but want to print with matt ink
Post by: BobShaw on May 07, 2015, 05:26:27 am
If you have got the message to replace the ink then you must have been getting the message that it was low for a long, long time, especially if you aren't using it.
Pull it  out, give it a shake and put it back. You may be lucky. otherwise always carry spare ink from about 20%.
Title: Re: epson 3800 photo ink out but want to print with matt ink
Post by: shaun on May 07, 2015, 06:02:33 am
Hi Bob

Assumed since I wasn't using it all would be well and that it wasn't required. Anyway that has done the trick for the time being. So thanks for that.

Shaun