Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: seamus finn on May 07, 2015, 04:06:45 am
-
-
-
A CLASSIC!!! Well done...
Peter
-
Thanks, Peter.
I went through the Gallery in a hurry because I had a four years old in tow. I saw an exhibit on the wall - a mirror. People were looking at their reflections. They might as well have been in their bathrooms. I came away from that experience wondering: how is that art. As an artist yourself, any ideas?
-
Hi Seamus,
Are the mirrors an exhibit or are they part of the architecture?
You just never know...
I have seen similar works in various museums and galleries over the years here in the States and best of them have stated "people are the art".
Framed and moving within the confines of the two dimensional space of the mirror. The artist's picture plane as it were...
This is but a guess from what I have seen in similar work.
Peter
-
Peter,
The mirror was an exhibit. I guess it's all in the mind of the artist and the eye of the beholder!
-
Peter said it in his first post. I agree with him.