Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: fotagf8 on May 06, 2015, 11:40:59 pm
-
I have a Leaf Credo 50 back. I am using Photo Pills to calculate hyperlocal distance. It does not have my back as an option, but it allowed me to input the data. I described the sensor as 44 mm by 33 mm. The program generated a CoC of .038 and a .8 crop factor. Since I didn't input those last two numbers, I don't have 100% confidence that they are correct since the program is effectively a black box (not a criticism--I just can't see how the calculations are working). Can anyone tell me if I have the settings right, so that I can have confidence in the output?
Thank you.
-
I have a Leaf Credo 50 back. I am using Photo Pills to calculate hyperlocal distance. It does not have my back as an option, but it allowed me to input the data. I described the sensor as 44 mm by 33 mm. The program generated a CoC of .038 and a .8 crop factor. Since I didn't input those last two numbers, I don't have 100% confidence that they are correct since the program is effectively a black box (not a criticism--I just can't see how the calculations are working). Can anyone tell me if I have the settings right, so that I can have confidence in the output?
Hi,
A CoC of 0.038 (=38 micron) for a 5.3 micron pitch sensor, seems way too large for my taste. Of course, a CoC is parameter that needs to be related to output/print size and viewing distance, but still. I prefer to use a more realistic CoC, also depending on aperture used (and thus diffraction added).
Cheers,
Bart