Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Todd Suttles on May 03, 2015, 03:26:38 pm

Title: Line Graph
Post by: Todd Suttles on May 03, 2015, 03:26:38 pm
Comments / Critiques?
Title: Re: Line Graph
Post by: BobDavid on May 05, 2015, 12:35:54 am
Interesting ... not sure about the title. I like the different textures and the woman being a fulcrum. You may want to brighten up on the woman's face and arms. Maybe tone down her red top, just a bit.
Title: Re: Line Graph
Post by: stamper on May 05, 2015, 02:57:12 am
Superb. I don't know how long you waited, or even paid the lady to walk through but it is an image worth looking at more than once. Regarding processing, I wouldn't change anything. The lady provides a vivid contrast to the background. :)
Title: Re: Line Graph
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on May 05, 2015, 07:20:43 am
Quite a good shot indeed.

Also, I like the story my (probably quite dirty) mind is reading: the two writings on the door and the bad shape of the building make me think that the woman is prostitute but also make mi think of the relationship between this woman, religion and her job.
But, again, maybe it's just my dirty mind talking :D.

Bottom line is: I like it very much.

Title: Re: Line Graph
Post by: stamper on May 05, 2015, 07:24:24 am
Quite a good shot indeed.

Also, I like the story my (probably quite dirty) mind is reading: the two writings on the door and the bad shape of the building make me think that the woman is prostitute but also make mi think of the relationship between this woman, religion and her job.
But, again, maybe it's just my dirty mind talking :D.

Bottom line is: I like it very much.



That is some imagination you have? :(
Title: Re: Line Graph
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on May 05, 2015, 07:25:04 am
That is some imagination you have? :(
I told you I have a dirty mind. :D
Title: Re: Line Graph
Post by: Todd Suttles on May 06, 2015, 04:51:50 pm
Quite a good shot indeed.

Also, I like the story my (probably quite dirty) mind is reading: the two writings on the door and the bad shape of the building make me think that the woman is prostitute but also make mi think of the relationship between this woman, religion and her job.
But, again, maybe it's just my dirty mind talking :D.

Bottom line is: I like it very much.


LOL :D  Love the way you think!!
Title: Re: Line Graph
Post by: Todd Suttles on May 06, 2015, 04:55:47 pm
Superb. I don't know how long you waited, or even paid the lady to walk through but it is an image worth looking at more than once. Regarding processing, I wouldn't change anything. The lady provides a vivid contrast to the background. :)
Thanks for the critique. Almost as soon as I set it up, she walked through. It was one of those times you get every once in a while. I only got 2 exposures.
Title: Re: Line Graph
Post by: Todd Suttles on May 06, 2015, 05:01:22 pm
Interesting ... not sure about the title. I like the different textures and the woman being a fulcrum. You may want to brighten up on the woman's face and arms. Maybe tone down her red top, just a bit.
Thanks, Thoughts now?
Title: Re: Line Graph
Post by: mezzoduomo on May 06, 2015, 08:34:37 pm
I like it as is. Well-framed, sharp, nice symmetry, nice and straight. Colors are fantastic. I'd love it even without the writing on the doors. Clearly no accident.
Congrats!
Title: Re: Line Graph
Post by: BobDavid on May 06, 2015, 09:00:06 pm
Her flesh tone looks good. I think you may have pulled back just a bit too much saturation on the red top. Then again, I'm looking at this on a vanilla 2-year old Samsung laptop.
Title: Re: Line Graph
Post by: stamper on May 07, 2015, 03:23:13 am
First one was the best. The contrast between the red and the background made the image.
Title: Re: Line Graph
Post by: seamus finn on May 07, 2015, 04:03:38 am
Like the first one - lovely vibrancy.
Title: Re: Line Graph
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 07, 2015, 08:19:57 am
Like the first one - lovely vibrancy.
I agree.