Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: wmchauncey on May 02, 2015, 07:13:00 am

Title: smoke flower
Post by: wmchauncey on May 02, 2015, 07:13:00 am
Still experimenting with color...what say you all?

(http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l383/chauncey43/red-flower-smoke-on-red-copy.jpg) (http://s329.photobucket.com/user/chauncey43/media/red-flower-smoke-on-red-copy.jpg.html)
Title: Re: smoke flower
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 02, 2015, 12:11:36 pm
The image is pretty. The colour happens to be one that I (irrationally, perhaps) don't like.

Jeremy
Title: Re: smoke flower
Post by: wmchauncey on May 02, 2015, 12:57:29 pm
Quote
irrationally, perhaps
Since when does rationality enter the equation...you either like the color or not.      ;D
FWIW, I got the color from the opening credits of the Netflix series "Daredevil"

I'm struggling in choosing a monotone color for these smoke, created images.      ???
Title: Re: smoke flower
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on May 02, 2015, 02:09:09 pm
A different colour scheme will be more apposite.
Title: Re: smoke flower
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 02, 2015, 03:05:55 pm
A different colour scheme will be more apposite.
+1.
Title: Re: smoke flower
Post by: mbaginy on May 02, 2015, 03:40:06 pm
I like the image - even the color.  Though a version in orange would be nice too.
Title: Re: smoke flower
Post by: davidh202 on May 03, 2015, 09:13:54 pm
I think this would benefit from a less monochromatic color scheme between the flower and background...
Title: Re: smoke flower
Post by: wmchauncey on May 05, 2015, 09:10:58 am
My limited vision precludes me from arguing with any of your opinions.      :-\