Client needs folded glossy 5x7 greeting cards (so, 10x7 unfolded.) He's hoping to sell 10 packs for $25, granted with little profit, so it needs to be really cheap. Willing to sacrifice color gamut and being archival to hit this price point. Has to be inkjet compatible.
If buying pre-cut, large packs like 250 is no problem.
I'm thinking the only economical way to do this will be for me to purchase rolls and have either me or him cut/fold them, but I'm open to pre-cut stock if the price is right to save the labor.
I've been using a 10mil(255gsm) metallic photo paper for his prints, which he thinks is too thin for greeting cards. He likes the thickness of a 15.4mil(300gsm) matte fine art paper, but the cards need to be glossy.
I spent a ton of time looking online at greeting card stock, and most places don't describe whether the greeting card paper is matte or glossy. The few that say that I've found have all been matte.
I found a few places selling precut 5x7(10x7) greeting card stock at around $0.40/ea in quantity, but none say they're gloss.