Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Breathing Color Crystalline Canvas  (Read 13796 times)

bill t.

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3011
    • http://www.unit16.net
Re: Breathing Color Crystalline Canvas
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012, 03:38:42 pm »

I just dabbed some Z-gel on uncoated Cyrstalline and it seems to hold up pretty well.  If I wipe hard over a dark section after a couple minutes I can bring up some color on the rag.  But I didn't get any color on the brush itself after quite a bit of VanGogh-like dabbing.  Don't have any Liguitex, but I think Z-gel is much the same deal.  Sorry, don't have any uncoated Exh Canvas Satin trims but I think Crystalline is essentially the same thing.
Logged

bill t.

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3011
    • http://www.unit16.net
Re: Breathing Color Crystalline Canvas
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012, 03:49:30 pm »

OOOPS!  Spoke too soon about the Z-gel.  Z-GEL EATS GLOSS CANVASES, just a lot slower than Glamour II.  Bummer.   
Logged

Craig Murphy

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 312
    • http://www.murphyphotography.com
Re: Breathing Color Crystalline Canvas
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2012, 10:04:51 am »

BC profile works better than the Epson 9880 profile for the Epson Ex Canvas on my 9800.
Logged
CMurph

douvidl

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 173
Re: Breathing Color Crystalline Canvas
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2012, 02:24:42 pm »

The satin Crystalline Canvas is in stock.  Just ordered a trial roll.
David
Logged

Craig Murphy

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 312
    • http://www.murphyphotography.com
Re: Breathing Color Crystalline Canvas
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2012, 03:10:09 pm »

Not according to their web site.
Logged
CMurph

douvidl

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 173
Re: Breathing Color Crystalline Canvas
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2012, 03:31:31 pm »

Craig
I Bought from x104.  Given him a call.
David
Logged

darlingm

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 361
    • Westland Printworks
Re: Breathing Color Crystalline Canvas
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2012, 11:23:06 pm »

 :(  I placed an order with them today, and they said Crystalline later this week, dangit.
Logged
Mike • Westland Printworks
Fine Art Printing • Amazing Artwork Reproduction • Photography
http://www.westlandprintworks.com • (734) 255-9761

bill t.

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3011
    • http://www.unit16.net
Re: Breathing Color Crystalline Canvas
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2012, 11:39:46 pm »

Umh, has anybody tried an actual production roll of the very, very latest Crystalline on their 8300, or any printer?
Logged

darlingm

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 361
    • Westland Printworks
Re: Breathing Color Crystalline Canvas
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2012, 10:49:09 pm »

BC just shipped a trial roll of the very, very latest Crystalline Glossy to me, and I'll be receiving it on Wednesday.  They appear not to have gotten full stock in.  Satin is still going to be a while, it's just gloss that's coming back at first.  I have an Epson 9900, will be reporting back once I get to use it.
Logged
Mike • Westland Printworks
Fine Art Printing • Amazing Artwork Reproduction • Photography
http://www.westlandprintworks.com • (734) 255-9761
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up