I guess I can chalk this up to bad timing, but I'm still annoyed about it. At the start of May I got my hands on a new old stock (unused) i1Photo LT for a really great price. I was happy to get it. It's an i1Pro device
without the UV-cut filter (which is what I wanted since I'll also use it for plasma display calibration). At the time I figured I'd get the upgrade for RGB Advanced and maybe Scanner so I could get a fully managed calibration solution using i1Match (for PC use - another tool is used for the plasma display).
You can guess the rest. When I called X-Rite I was (politely) told that the upgrade modules for i1Match are no longer offered - as of April 30th!

I begged and pleaded -
I want to pay for the upgrade I want! But they could only offer me Upgrade B. Upgrade B does me no good. It has no scanner capability (and I was told there is currently no plan to support one), and without the software OBA compensation in it like i1Match has for the i1Pro (non UV-cut), I can't even use it to effectively profile papers with OBA. I tried to make sense of the whole thing. I basically asked them "look, I understand you pulled the old upgrade capability from the system, but it's not like you destroyed it. You could probably re-enable it if someone were ready to pay for such an upgrade". No go. So when I asked "so what is somebody like me supposed to do? I have no use for the i1Profiler printer capability (I use a lot of papers with OBAs), and there is no scanner capability to even speak of".
I want to stay with an i1 solution! Nothing I could say would change their minds.
Yes, I know I can use Argyll CMS, and I guess that's what I'll have to do. But am I wrong to be just a little unhappy about this?
Sorry about the rant.