Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hiding folders in LR - possible?  (Read 1098 times)

PeterAit

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4647
    • Peter Aitken Photographs
Hiding folders in LR - possible?
« on: October 14, 2010, 05:05:39 pm »

I have a few folders in LR that contain "personal" images, either my own or that I've taken for friends. I would like to hide these so I cannot accidentally show them to someone who should not see them - but then unhide them when needed. Is this possible? Thanks.
Logged

madmanchan

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2115
    • Web
Re: Hiding folders in LR - possible?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 12:24:52 pm »

Not directly.

However, you could try putting these personal images in a separate, smaller catalog (and remove them from your primary catalog).

That way, when you're showing your other images from your primary catalog, there's no possibility of accidentally showing them the personal images.
Logged
Eric Chan

pflower

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 477
Re: Hiding folders in LR - possible?
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 01:36:48 pm »

The only way I can think of is to  create a folder called, say,  "Personal Pictures" and within that have all the pictures in sub-folders so that there are no actual photos at the root level of "Personal Pictures" - only subfolders containing the pictures.  Then go to Library/Show Photos in Subfolders and make sure that is un-checked.  That way none of the pictures in the sub folders will be visible.  Admittedly this is absolutely useless as an answer to your question if the rest of your catalog has pictures in subfolders.

Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up