Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: camera tech: end of the line?  (Read 6763 times)

DarkPenguin

  • Guest
camera tech: end of the line?
« on: February 15, 2010, 09:08:03 pm »

Panasonic announced a new camera with "pink" being its new feature.  Now pentax has released the Kx in 8 more colors?  Is this it.  Is this the end of the camera technology line?  Is it all over?  Will the 7D mk II feature suede as its new feature?
Logged

Colorwave

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1006
    • Colorwave Imaging
camera tech: end of the line?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 09:36:48 pm »

Quote from: DarkPenguin
Will the 7D mk II feature suede as its new feature?
Suede?  Oh dear, I hope not.  Felt is where it's at!

Now that the insides are all, er, buttoned down*, all that is left is a little styling here and there.

*please forgive
Logged
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

DarkPenguin

  • Guest
camera tech: end of the line?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 12:24:44 am »

Quote from: Colorwave
Suede?  Oh dear, I hope not.  Felt is where it's at!

Now that the insides are all, er, buttoned down*, all that is left is a little styling here and there.

*please forgive

The more I think about it the more I think canon will go with Pleather.
Logged

teddillard

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 717
    • http://www.teddillard.com
camera tech: end of the line?
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 09:40:46 am »

Quote from: DarkPenguin
The more I think about it the more I think canon will go with Pleather.

I can see our next series of Head-2-Heads now...  mmmm.  pleather.
Logged
Ted Dillard

fredjeang

  • Guest
camera tech: end of the line?
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 10:58:06 am »

The irony is that the KX is a very good camera actually, but this kind of marketing let us think of gadget stuff.
and it is not 8 colors...it is 100!!  
watch this: http://digitalcameras.techfresh.net/pentax...ors-and-styles/

Fred.
Logged

Thomas Krüger

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 447
    • http://thomaskrueger.eu
camera tech: end of the line?
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 10:59:23 am »

Perhaps I can order a bavarian branded camera for Christmas 2010...
[attachment=20299:Bayern.jpg]
Logged

Robert Roaldi

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5514
    • Robert's Photos
camera tech: end of the line?
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 11:00:13 am »

I kind of like the suede idea. In general, camera surfaces should be more "grippy". And all lenses should have a knurled ring for tightening/removing the lens, indicated as such with a label, maybe "grab here" or something. Since they have custom running shoes now, I am surprised you can't specify a camera colour of your choice.
Logged
--
Robert

DarkPenguin

  • Guest
camera tech: end of the line?
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 01:27:11 pm »

Quote from: Robert Roaldi
I kind of like the suede idea. In general, camera surfaces should be more "grippy". And all lenses should have a knurled ring for tightening/removing the lens, indicated as such with a label, maybe "grab here" or something. Since they have custom running shoes now, I am surprised you can't specify a camera colour of your choice.

It would also give canon an excuse for not weather sealing the camera.  You wouldn't want to take your suede camera out in the rain...
Logged

Joe Behar

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 305
camera tech: end of the line?
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 03:10:09 pm »

Seems to me that there were more than a few people complaining that Hasselblad does not offer a different colour for their H series.

Now we have a choice, albeit from a different manufacturer, and the complaints keep coming  

"I should be able to get any colour I want, unless I don't want it"

End of rant
Logged

Christoph C. Feldhaim

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2509
  • There is no rule! No - wait ...
camera tech: end of the line?
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 04:01:26 pm »

I want a bone carved chassis ....

Wayne Fox

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4237
    • waynefox.com
camera tech: end of the line?
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 05:00:19 pm »

I don't get it either, , but lately I've been hanging out in a camera store I own a piece of, and women outnumber men customers.  Recently one of our hottest items is a "designer" camera bag, so maybe they think offering unique camera colors will appeal to this segment of the market ... a women who wants a camera that matches her style and image ... I guess sort of like LPGA tour player Paula Creamer aka The Pink Panther.
Logged

dwdallam

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2044
    • http://www.dwdallam.com
camera tech: end of the line?
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 05:53:42 pm »

I really hate to say this, but I really like the black on yellow. At first I though, "How stupid and useless." After looking at the colors, I like it. LOL
Logged

stever

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1250
camera tech: end of the line?
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 06:21:18 pm »

i'd be happy if Canon would just offer the 70-200 and 100-400 in black
Logged

Jonathan Wienke

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5829
    • http://visual-vacations.com/
camera tech: end of the line?
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 11:04:56 pm »

Quote from: stever
i'd be happy if Canon would just offer the 70-200 and 100-400 in black

That's why they invented Krylon 1602.
Logged

dwdallam

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2044
    • http://www.dwdallam.com
camera tech: end of the line?
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 03:02:38 am »

Quote from: Jonathan Wienke
That's why they invented Krylon 1602.

LMAO.

I like the white. It says--this guys is Super Fly and YOU'RE not!

I'm really liking the color thing. I mean, why not? Maybe I could have my camera taken apart by Canon, and have the body painted that yellow color, then send the camera back and have it reassembled?
Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
camera tech: end of the line?
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 09:37:22 am »

Quote from: Jonathan Wienke
That's why they invented Krylon 1602.

Yeah, I tried that on mine, but the exposures kept coming out much too dark. 
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

DarkPenguin

  • Guest
camera tech: end of the line?
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 12:14:51 pm »

Quote from: dwdallam
LMAO.

I like the white. It says--this guys is Super Fly and YOU'RE not!

I'm really liking the color thing. I mean, why not? Maybe I could have my camera taken apart by Canon, and have the body painted that yellow color, then send the camera back and have it reassembled?

Way back when someone did that with their 300D.  I wish I could find it.  They went Tonka Toy yellow.  Was awesome.  I think you just peel everything apart and treat it like you're restoring a '69 Camaro.
Logged

John Camp

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2171
camera tech: end of the line?
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 01:07:04 pm »

Quote from: Robert Roaldi
I kind of like the suede idea. In general, camera surfaces should be more "grippy". And all lenses should have a knurled ring for tightening/removing the lens, indicated as such with a label, maybe "grab here" or something. Since they have custom running shoes now, I am surprised you can't specify a camera colour of your choice.

You kinda can, if you own a Leica. The Leica covering peels off, and there are a number of places that offer recovering color choices. Many are exceptionally ugly. This link even offers coverings for non-Leica cameras...(I have no interest or involvement in the place, etc.)

http://www.cameraleather.com/leica_m/recovering/


JC
Logged

Theresa

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 51
camera tech: end of the line?
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 05:46:12 pm »

Quote from: DarkPenguin
Panasonic announced a new camera with "pink" being its new feature.  Now pentax has released the Kx in 8 more colors?  Is this it.  Is this the end of the camera technology line?  Is it all over?  Will the 7D mk II feature suede as its new feature?

I wish my camera was pink, or even better lavender.

Logged

EinstStein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 501
camera tech: end of the line?
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2010, 04:25:51 pm »

It all started with Apple, or more properly, S.J. Blame or praise him.
When it started, if  my memory serves me right, even Convex's super computer has a sexy S-curve and a pink make-up (or orange-green)?
Want to know who headed HP at that time?

Quote from: DarkPenguin
Panasonic announced a new camera with "pink" being its new feature.  Now pentax has released the Kx in 8 more colors?  Is this it.  Is this the end of the camera technology line?  Is it all over?  Will the 7D mk II feature suede as its new feature?
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up