Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 155   Go Down

Author Topic: Love those Trees  (Read 1024038 times)

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: Love those Trees
« Reply #2020 on: January 25, 2017, 12:00:02 pm »

Great posts here recently!

Here's one from last weekend. I love when the younger trees get so loaded with snow they bend down like this. It reminds me of the Roadrunner/Coyote cartoon when he would fire up that Acme Snow Machine.
Also, the skiing was fantastic! :)
IMGP7402-Edit by Matt Burt, on Flickr
Logged
-MattB

sdwilsonsct

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3312
Re: Love those Trees
« Reply #2021 on: January 26, 2017, 07:48:01 am »

Great posts here recently!

Yes. Here is a pair of trees I have been scouting for several years. I finally got an image I like.

Jeremy Roussak

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9263
    • site
Re: Love those Trees
« Reply #2022 on: January 26, 2017, 01:27:42 pm »

Yes. Here is a pair of trees I have been scouting for several years. I finally got an image I like.

Very nice. You couldn't have moved a little to your left, to separate the small tree's branches from the larger trunk?

Jeremy
Logged

sdwilsonsct

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3312
Re: Love those Trees
« Reply #2023 on: January 27, 2017, 01:54:02 am »

Very nice. You couldn't have moved a little to your left, to separate the small tree's branches from the larger trunk?

Thanks, Jeremy. I wish the shrubs weren't there too. Going left would have put the subjects closer together. I'll go back some day.

stevenfr

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 670
    • Steven Friedman Landscape Photography
Re: Love those Trees
« Reply #2024 on: January 27, 2017, 02:38:28 pm »

These images were taken on a shoot in Northern Patagonia. Not an easy place to shoot forest images the forest are really cluttered.

Steven

http://www.friedmanphoto.com

Bruce Cox

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1077
    • flickr
Re: Love those Trees
« Reply #2025 on: January 29, 2017, 03:01:21 pm »

willow
Logged

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: Love those Trees
« Reply #2026 on: January 30, 2017, 03:43:30 pm »

These images were taken on a shoot in Northern Patagonia. Not an easy place to shoot forest images the forest are really cluttered.

Steven

http://www.friedmanphoto.com

Those are beautiful. I especially like the ones with the moss on the tree trunks. Nice work!
Logged
-MattB

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: Love those Trees
« Reply #2027 on: January 30, 2017, 03:53:01 pm »

Here are some trees along the Black Canyon of the Gunnison's South rim. I stopped by for a sunrise shoot and ski yesterday on my way out of town. I try to stop in here when I can time it with good light. Almost always something good to shoot.
IMGP2267-Edit.jpg by Matt Burt, on Flickr
Logged
-MattB

pegelli

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1664
    • http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
Re: Love those Trees
« Reply #2028 on: January 30, 2017, 04:25:47 pm »

A misty morning

Logged
pieter, aka pegelli

stevenf

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 211
Re: Love those Trees
« Reply #2029 on: January 30, 2017, 05:05:22 pm »

Those are beautiful. I especially like the ones with the moss on the tree trunks. Nice work!

Thanks Matt for the kind feedback. It is interesting that the second image has sold a few times as a 30" x 90" print.

Steven

http://www.friedmanphoto.com
Logged

MattNQ

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 288
    • My Website
Re: Love those Trees
« Reply #2030 on: January 31, 2017, 07:59:02 am »




post-fire defiance?


Logged
Matt

MoreOrLess

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 239
Re: Love those Trees
« Reply #2031 on: February 04, 2017, 05:19:29 pm »

A couple of older shots I'v gone back to in the last couple of days...



Logged

BobDavid

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3313
Re: Love those Trees
« Reply #2032 on: February 04, 2017, 06:46:37 pm »

Yes. Here is a pair of trees I have been scouting for several years. I finally got an image I like.

Terrific photo +1
Logged

Chris Calohan

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3539
  • Editing Allowed
Re: Love those Trees
« Reply #2033 on: February 04, 2017, 07:37:35 pm »

Chipola Cypress
Logged
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: Love those Trees
« Reply #2034 on: February 06, 2017, 11:22:40 am »

Chipola Cypress

Lovely!

Here is one I took near my parent's home in Michigan over the weekend. I'm back in Colorado now and it sure feels good to be home.
IMGP2409-Edit by Matt Burt, on Flickr
Logged
-MattB

Slobodan Blagojevic

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 18208
  • When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Love those Trees
« Reply #2035 on: February 06, 2017, 12:17:50 pm »

... Here is one I took...

Great use of wide-angle, Matt!

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: Love those Trees
« Reply #2036 on: February 06, 2017, 12:49:07 pm »

Great use of wide-angle, Matt!

Thank you!
I'm enjoying this lens which is Pentax branded but is a rebadged K mount Tamron 15-30/2.8 with Pentax coatings. The flare resistance is good and I like the rendering. A keeper!
Logged
-MattB

John R

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5248
Re: Love those Trees
« Reply #2037 on: February 06, 2017, 12:56:17 pm »

Lovely, Matt. Especially the back lit leaves and the pattern of alternating light on the snow. So this is with the new K1 Pentax? Most of my Pentax lenses are very CA prone- lots of green and purple fringing. Drives me nuts. Despite what everyone says, I do not find it easy to remove, especially around irregular shapes, like tree lines. Base on what you just stated, is the 15-30 lens CA prone?

JR
Logged

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: Love those Trees
« Reply #2038 on: February 06, 2017, 01:43:40 pm »

Lovely, Matt. Especially the back lit leaves and the pattern of alternating light on the snow. So this is with the new K1 Pentax? Most of my Pentax lenses are very CA prone- lots of green and purple fringing. Drives me nuts. Despite what everyone says, I do not find it easy to remove, especially around irregular shapes, like tree lines. Base on what you just stated, is the 15-30 lens CA prone?

JR

Thanks! This is with the K-1. The backlit leaves are what drew me in and everything else was to come up with a good composition to show those leaves.
The older lenses, especially film era lenses do exhibit prominent CA under the right conditions but this one has been very good. I have noticed a little but usually only after running the image through Color Efex Pro or making a HDR from multiple images which seems to accentuate the CA.
If I see CA I just delete the edited file and go back and check the Remove CA box in Lightroom and then re-process as I did before with no noticeable fringes. In general it is very good I don't usually need to do that much.

Do you have Lightroom? CA would be very hard to get rid of without an automated tool but most of the time just checking that box will take care of it for me. If there is still some left I use the CA dropper tool to identify the fringe areas better and that always gets it under control. So I agree it is easy to fix as long as you have the right tool. The earlier in the editing process, the better the results.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 05:51:05 pm by MattBurt »
Logged
-MattB

John R

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5248
Re: Love those Trees
« Reply #2039 on: February 07, 2017, 05:45:14 pm »

I have it now. I need the CA tool. All my lenses exhibit CA, the 50-250, the 12-24, 16-45. even the 50-135 f2.8, a very good sharp lens. I tried removing manually, say along the roof of building and it always left behind unwanted colours or bands of blue sky or other artifacts. But Lightroom looks very good. And, if I can't get it all I will have to do manually in Lightroom and then export or finish.

Thanks for the info, as I was hesitating on buying the K1. If they made Zeis manual lenses for the K1, I would not hesitate to buy those. Not enough buyers to justify making them. Sure miss DOF markings on the manual lenses.

JR
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 155   Go Up