Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 214   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent Professional Works  (Read 1789464 times)

Dick Roadnight

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1730
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2320 on: August 03, 2010, 06:51:56 am »

Quote from: KLaban
Latest in a series of exteriors.
Nice...

¿What is it for?

I look for scenes that could have been depicted hundreds (or thousands) of years ago, and, without the conduit,  wires and the plastic paint bucket etc., this could have been one of them.
Logged
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

Piet Gispen

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 20
    • pietgispen.com
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2321 on: August 03, 2010, 10:39:04 am »

Working with the Mamiya 55mm (and P45+) when I got lucky today



Regards,

Piet Gispen
http://www.pietgispen.com
Logged

aaronleitz

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 113
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2322 on: August 03, 2010, 01:53:21 pm »

I'm happy with how these turned out. The shoot was a challenge as I don't shoot furniture in a "studio" setting too often and the shoot was on location at the factory so controlling reflections on the wood was really tricky. And the table weighs 700lbs with the extension leaves attached (second image).

[attachment=23461:table2.jpg]

[attachment=23462:table4.jpg]
Logged

Craig Lamson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3264
    • Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2323 on: August 03, 2010, 04:48:22 pm »

Quote from: aaronleitz
I'm happy with how these turned out. The shoot was a challenge as I don't shoot furniture in a "studio" setting too often and the shoot was on location at the factory so controlling reflections on the wood was really tricky. And the table weighs 700lbs with the extension leaves attached (second image).

[attachment=23461:table2.jpg]

[attachment=23462:table4.jpg]


They look a bit odd without a shadow to sit upon.

But I do understand the challenge of shooting inside a factory and making it not look like it was shot inside a factory...
Logged
Craig Lamson Photo

Tim Jones

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 53
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2324 on: August 03, 2010, 04:48:45 pm »

[attachment=23467:Bigfoot2.jpg]  [attachment=23466:Bigfoot_1.jpg]
Logged

Tim Jones

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 53
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2325 on: August 03, 2010, 05:24:00 pm »

[attachment=23468:Bigfoot_1.jpg]
Logged

stewarthemley

  • Guest
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2326 on: August 03, 2010, 09:45:30 pm »

Quote from: Tim Jones
[attachment=23467:Bigfoot2.jpg]  [attachment=23466:Bigfoot_1.jpg]

My Mother-in-law is livid. She is adamant she did not sign a release form for this. Expect some heavy legal action.
Logged

Phil Indeblanc

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2017
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2327 on: August 03, 2010, 10:28:43 pm »

Quote from: Tim Jones
[attachment=23468:Bigfoot_1.jpg]


It specifically says not to use the images in any lude or inappropriate behavior...and that stick and then the tagline with it is just breaking my contract rules ;-P
Logged
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

haefnerphoto

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 680
    • http://www.jameshaefner.com
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2328 on: August 03, 2010, 10:49:15 pm »

Quote from: HarperPhotos
Hello,

Shoot a few weeks ago north of Auckland.

Stats:

Nikon D3x camera
Nikon 35mm lens
Processed in CS5
Photo retouching by Daniel Evans www.super-nz.com

Cheers

Simon

Simon, Nicely done!  I think the image works quite well and honestly very few consumers would ever stop to think about how it's accomplished.  That's why CGI has been accepted by the manufacturers, the consumer doesn't know the difference.  Anyways, I try to jack the vehicle up an inch or so off the ground when I'm done shooting it so that we can wrap fishing line around the tires and then pull the lines and shoot them spinning.  Wheel spins are one of the few things photoshop doesn't replicate well so I feel it adds a lot to the authenticity of the image.  Also, I've had a chance to experiment with Virtual Rig and have had some success.  I can show you examples shortly for both the wheel spins and the new software.  Jim
Logged

HarperPhotos

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1309
    • http://www.harperphoto.com
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2329 on: August 03, 2010, 11:30:42 pm »

Quote from: haefnerphoto
Simon, Nicely done!  I think the image works quite well and honestly very few consumers would ever stop to think about how it's accomplished.  That's why CGI has been accepted by the manufacturers, the consumer doesn't know the difference.  Anyways, I try to jack the vehicle up an inch or so off the ground when I'm done shooting it so that we can wrap fishing line around the tires and then pull the lines and shoot them spinning.  Wheel spins are one of the few things photoshop doesn't replicate well so I feel it adds a lot to the authenticity of the image.  Also, I've had a chance to experiment with Virtual Rig and have had some success.  I can show you examples shortly for both the wheel spins and the new software.  Jim

Hi Jim,

Nice to hear from you. I totally agree about rotating the wheels to achieve the proper motion blur, but the owner of the Ford GT was not keen on me jacking up his brand new car.
The great thing with CGI and Photoshop and of course a great re touchier is achieving the dream in your head or the Art directors. Look at the the great visual movies coming out of Hollywood and little old New Zealand.

Look forward to your thoughts on the Virtual Rig soft wear.

All the best

Simon
Logged
Simon Harper
Harper Photographics Ltd
http://www.harperphoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/harper.photographics

Auckland, New Zealand

Tim Jones

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 53
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2330 on: August 04, 2010, 02:06:20 pm »

M9 35mm 1.4 asph.[attachment=23474:Bigfoot_chick.jpg]
Logged

pixjohn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 716
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2331 on: August 04, 2010, 03:10:37 pm »

More snap shots in the Med format forum. This area has gone to crap again.

READ

Medium Format

Recent Professional Works

This is why so many pro photographers have left this forum!




THIS IS CRAP

Quote from: Tim Jones
M9 35mm 1.4 asph.[attachment=23474:Bigfoot_chick.jpg]

PEOPLE THIS IS PROFESSIONAL
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 03:21:42 pm by pixjohn »
Logged

fredjeang

  • Guest
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2332 on: August 04, 2010, 03:32:23 pm »

Quote from: pixjohn
More snap shots in the Med format forum. This area has gone to crap again.

READ

Medium Format

Recent Professional Works

This is why so many pro photographers have left this forum!




THIS IS CRAP



PEOPLE THIS IS PROFESSIONAL

Gentlemen I agree with John. I was about to post a similar "complain" but decided not to do it at the last moment.

One day I posted a portrait here that I erased immediatly because that was not a medium format and I mess with the other pro works in the other section.
I'm for respecting this space as a MF space and by the way, what the hell are these sculptures???


At least they have the sense of humour.

Tim, after those snaps please post a good MF pic.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 07:34:44 pm by fredjeang »
Logged

tho_mas

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1799
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2333 on: August 04, 2010, 04:57:16 pm »

Logged

fredjeang

  • Guest
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2334 on: August 04, 2010, 05:04:24 pm »

 
Keith just prooved that the subject is not what makes a pic esthetic!
Indeed it is a nice picture. But hey, what a smell !
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 05:05:26 pm by fredjeang »
Logged

Dick Roadnight

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1730
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2335 on: August 05, 2010, 02:55:57 am »

Quote from: pixjohn
PEOPLE THIS IS PROFESSIONAL
¿What makes you think it is professional?

¿Just because it is MFD?

...Now, if it had been taken with a Medium Format Digital View Camera, or he had used DOF layer merge or something ..so it and all been sharp, including the name of the company on the extreme left?


Logged
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

fredjeang

  • Guest
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2336 on: August 05, 2010, 05:21:41 am »

Small or medium format, amateur or pro is not what makes a picture interesting or valid.

I'm sure Tim posted that because for him it represents something valid. Nothing against that.
Then, it would have been more interesting if he gave minimum explainations about these sculptures, what are they etc...
what was the purpose.

I do not know Tim's work but I'm sure he is capable of more "elaborate" imagery. At least posting the works we are proud,
and I think (and it's personal) that Tim did not post those because he was proud.

Dick pointed something true about MF and "pro" concept.

But where I agree with pixjohn is that those pics look like snapshots and they are not medium format.
Not being rigid, not being intolerant, I think that it would be good to keep such a section as mainly an MF section.
There is another one "post your pro works" that embrasse all other formats so there is no lack.

Without discriminating, I think that keeping this section a MF niche is not bad, and I understand the complain
of pixjohn. Those pictures where the open door to be critized.
It's about self disipline I guess.

I do not post here for the moment because I do not work in MF at the moment. I feel that I can't upload snaps either, even if they are good for me
because of the nature of this thread.

Why should not we be concern about posting beautifull images? About posting the one we are really proud?
There are so many sections that are suitable for all kind of imagery, but keeping a high standard here and being self-critic, demanding is not bad.

IMO.

Logged

Frank Doorhof

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1522
    • http://
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2337 on: August 05, 2010, 06:17:52 am »

Less BS (pun intended) more images.
Logged

wolfbellw.

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 72
    • http://www.wolfgang-bellwinkel.de
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2338 on: August 05, 2010, 06:10:08 pm »

Quote from: pixjohn
More snap shots in the Med format forum. This area has gone to crap again.

READ

Medium Format

Recent Professional Works

This is why so many pro photographers have left this forum!


in this forum there are some very professional interior shots once in a while,
there are some highly professional images of cars,
tons of questionable images of mediocre models that apparently are supposed to be fashion shots
and a lot of boring images that are meant as 'personal projects', basically landscapes
and some old buildings.
all those super expensive medium format gear for all this mediocrity!?




Logged

feppe

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2906
  • Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2339 on: August 05, 2010, 07:16:06 pm »

Quote from: wolfbellw.
in this forum there are some very professional interior shots once in a while,
there are some highly professional images of cars,
tons of questionable images of mediocre models that apparently are supposed to be fashion shots
and a lot of boring images that are meant as 'personal projects', basically landscapes
and some old buildings.
all those super expensive medium format gear for all this mediocrity!?

Feel free to start a thread for shots which meet your standards. Perhaps you can open it by sharing your own work.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 214   Go Up