We are a small but busy service studio. Printing for artists and photographers on 2x 44" Epson's. One of the most time consuming and labour intensive parts of our operation is the trimming of prints. Takes hours. Originally we had an old rotary trimmer, but it didn't cut true. So we reverted to hand trimming with rulers and craft knives. But it is slow. And sometimes hard to get a truly clean edge.
I am going to demo a brand new Ideal rotary trimmer at the local distributor. Ideal are made in Germany I believe and have a decent reputation. And that is the only option in this part of the world (South Africa) I have been unable to find any other brands locally. Anyone have experience of the Ideal rotary trimmers?
There are 2x models , one with a cutting length of 100cm (39") and one with a cutting length up to 155cm (61"). We certainly often need to trim up to 155cm, but will a rotary trimmer hold true at that size? Is it worth getting the considerably more expensive bigger model?
And how to trim precisely on a crop mark with a rotary trimer? I have struggled in the past, any tips or techniques?
Thanks!
Neil