Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Donegal  (Read 255 times)

KMRennie

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 989
Donegal
« on: October 01, 2026, 01:25:11 pm »

A short trip to Ireland. We were going to drive down the Atlantic coast to the far South West but didn't get much beyond Donegal. Donegal has a very dramatic coastline, Scotland on steroids. The good part everything was new to me and because I could drive I was able to bring all of my camera gear including a sturdy tripod, the downsides: I didn't know the best places, times or tide heights so lots of driving around looking for compositions plus unlike Scotland lots of "private land keep out" signs. The weather was challenging with a strong wind blowing on 8 out of the 9 days with frequent blustery showers. Excuses over here are a few shots, the first 3 are from Malin Head, the futhest North point on the Irish mainland, the last Dunlewey Church. Ken

Logged

degrub

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2558
Re: Donegal
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2026, 03:37:54 pm »

Touch of vertigo when i opened the first. Didn't expect that.
Like 1,3,4.
Logged

langier

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1566
    • Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
Re: Donegal
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2026, 12:58:43 am »

Nicely done, Ken!
Logged
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14435
Re: Donegal
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2026, 04:54:43 am »

Dramatic landscapes with dramatic weather, WOW!
Well done, Ken.
Logged
Francois

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25155
Re: Donegal
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2026, 10:27:57 am »

I didn't know the best places, times or tide heights so lots of driving around looking for compositions plus unlike Scotland lots of "private land keep out" signs. The weather was challenging with a strong wind blowing on 8 out of the 9 days with frequent blustery showers. Ken

Your Scotland differs enormously from the one where I once lived.

Based in Glasgow, it was my lot to try to find country locations where I could drive, bring along a model and some clothes, and try to create a few photographs that would satisfy my clients and keep them coming back.

It was a massive challenge. Responsible parking that didn’t abuse passing spaces was invariably impossible; rights-of-way, as here in Spain, were often closed off with the threat of dogs and implied death by shotgun! It might have been different up in the distant north where neither I nor civilisation had quite reached, but the Central Belt was one helluva challenge. In the end, I mostly had to make do with my local Rouken Glen Park, or chat nicely with the city fathers and pray for access to the grounds of some stately home.

Jeremy Roussak

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9264
    • site
Re: Donegal
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2026, 10:31:56 am »

Nice work, Ken. My favourite is #3. I'd like #4 more if it wasn't quite so dark.

Jeremy
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up