Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Pro-1100 unusable banding due to paper path issues  (Read 1532 times)

Ryan Mack

• Ryan Mack on Facebook
Re: Canon Pro-1100 unusable banding due to paper path issues
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2024, 10:40:57 am »

Just wanted to pass along some updates here. The issue has also been documented by another photographer on this DPReview forum post: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/67970389

I have also been in touch with tech support at a paper manufacturer and a well known printer reviewer and both have seen and been unable to resolve the issue.

I would recommend you avoid this printer if you plan to print images with flat mid-to-dark tones on Baryta papers until Canon has offered a solution.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2024, 05:16:38 pm »

I just saw Gryphon's update on DPR with his replacement printer.  Still showing banding, to a lesser extent.

Have you or he suggested, or have Canon asked to have your files sent to them so that they can test specific problematic images?  Or do you know if they can already confirm the problem with some of their own test files?  This may have already been discussed and I missed it .. a long story and threads.

Ryan Mack

• Ryan Mack on Facebook
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2024, 08:11:59 pm »

I have not found anyone who can print a full non-borderless 80% dark grey sheet of A4 baryta paper successfully.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2024, 08:20:56 pm by Ryan Mack »

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #23 on: Today at 04:57:39 am »

OK, sounds like an easy file to generate manually.

Fingers crossed Canon will get to the bottom of it soon
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up