Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: iPhone 13 Mini  (Read 131973 times)

degrub

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2558
Re: iPhone 13 Mini
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2025, 03:38:25 pm »

That one turned my eyes inside out at first. Well done.
Logged

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25155
Re: iPhone 13 Mini
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2025, 05:29:16 pm »

You gotta watch that - damaged eyes are tough to fix! But I take it as a compliment. Of course I would!

;-)   Rob.

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25155
Re: iPhone 13 Mini
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2025, 02:08:15 pm »

No need to buy: already found relative poverty by myself!

This little iPhone is really growing on me; so convenient and totally free of having to commit to a "photo walk", which is like golf: ruins a good stroll.

degrub

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2558
Re: iPhone 13 Mini
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2025, 05:32:39 pm »

stellar !
Logged

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25155
Re: iPhone 13 Mini
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2025, 05:43:52 pm »

stellar !

Thanks - all that carbon fibre doesn’t do too much for light playing around, but hey, if Santa came knockin’ on my door, I could accept that minor glitch and have lots of fun until the tank runs dry.

I wonder why it is that cars are such powerful lust objects for the male mind? No, I don't think it has anything at all to do with the length of anything. There’s just something so intrinsically desirable about design and promise wrapped up in cars and boats: both are equally tempting, particularly when out of reach. ;-(

degrub

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2558
Re: iPhone 13 Mini
« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2025, 10:18:22 am »

i think it is the illusion of power that many aspire to. One reason the Ford Mustang was such a chick magnet but not such a performance car. It just looked fast. Now a Shelby Cobra, yeah..... ;)
Logged

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25155
Re: iPhone 13 Mini
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2025, 10:34:57 am »

I used to love the early 3 Series Coupés. Everything has lost its way.

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25155
Re: iPhone 13 Mini
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2025, 11:14:03 am »

Just when I had spent two years convincing myself it was all about the iPhone, this:

"Not only do the goalposts move, but the reasons you make art were never about the goalposts in the first place."

Rachel Rossin.

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14435
Re: iPhone 13 Mini
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2025, 08:45:24 am »

Lovely little boat!  Is she still running on steam?
Logged
Francois

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25155
Re: iPhone 13 Min
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2025, 12:25:25 pm »

That’s a very good question. Unfortunately, I would be inclined to think it runs on diesel, romance long dead. But hey, that’s the kind of wistful romance that made a widely unromantic nation such as the UK vote for Brexit.

To the downright crazy: ARES Yachts have unveiled their “historically inspired 50.55 metre yacht, designed by Bannenberg & Rowell. Drawing from the legendary Supermarine Spitfire aircraft, this sleek vessel combines military heritage with modern luxury.”

Trust me: that boat owes zero to the poor old Spitfire or to any branch of the fighting services. But, I bet you that possible boat owner members of that Brexit club will agree with the advertising blurb and see it as yet another reason for backing Brexit. Yep, snatching defeat from the jaws of success is a very patriotic thing to do. ;-)

To end on a positive note: I went to the chiropodist today and had her cut away a corn growing on the side of my little toe: magical release to be walking back, painlessly, to the car park. It was a semi-religious experience, what with all that fondling of my feet; it was so good I even got her to work on the other foot that had been giving me no problems at all. Carpe diem.

bcooter

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1527
    • website
Re: iPhone 13 Mini
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2025, 01:11:00 am »

Canopies, canopies and yet more canopies...

Rob, I-phone or not, though seeing this collection, stay with it.

Good job.

BC

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25155
Re: iPhone 13 Mini
« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2025, 10:57:12 am »

Rob, I-phone or not, though seeing this collection, stay with it.

Good job.

BC

Thanks, BC; it’s nice to be able to have an invisible, weightless camera in my little Case Logic bag, something that requires no planning or malice aforethought just in case something might suddenly look worth shooting. I realised that part of my resentment, my unwillingness to pack a camera actually boiled down to that depressing sense of defeat that I used to get if I returned home without anything to show for the effort. Using the iPhone takes away that damned challenge: if I use it, I use it, if not, I don't notice.

The other thing that helped was deep-diving into Moriyama: I realised, from soaking up his books, that I didn’t really have to find an amazing subject at all, that the most mundane thing in the world could be turned into something very else if treated differently, the standard concept of photographic tonal qualities turned on its head, resulting in something unexpected.

I like cars, and summer usually brings out some interesting machines down at the yacht club. Here’s hoping there are more this year. I also like the idea of taking tiny bits of posters and messing about with them; at first, I felt a bit doubtful about copyright etc. but as the intention is to use the bits of original as nothing but basic starting points, and as no commerce is involved, I decided that no, I wasn’t copying somebody else, but simply using the original as starting line in a different race.

Rob.
 

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25155

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25155
Re: iPhone 13 Mini
« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2025, 07:19:14 am »

Summer holiday resort - as I kinda like to see it, on and off.

degrub

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2558
Re: iPhone 13 Mini
« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2025, 11:31:56 am »

Nice ! You've always had a good eye !
Logged

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25155
Re: iPhone 13 Mini
« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2025, 12:41:58 pm »

Thanks - I had forgotten about this frame, and only discovered it again looking for something else!

Funny thing: if digital had been all there was back in the 50s, I might well have never given photography a second glance - corny as it sounds today, that first wet print coming up did it for me.

Yet, today, though I do miss the old glossy prints, the ease of doing silly things to a file does hold its own interest for me; that, of course, is why I found myself getting into Daidochromes mode. Better still, as I don’t print anymore, it costs nothing to play other than the electricity.

Rob

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25155
Re: iPhone 13 Mini
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2025, 08:14:52 am »

When I was young, I sometimes enjoyed being just a little - all in life is relative - under the influence, so to speak, of various daughters of the ubiquitous French, Italian or Spanish grape.

Today, much older and medically incapable of surviving such temptresses, I confess to finding that mythical quantum of solace in "amateur" photography, under the influence of Mr Moriyama taught me that in matters of the soul, it's what brings you pleasure that counts, and not what others expect you to do and find delightful.

I therefore confess to the enjoyment of spending lots of time playing with non-essentials such as changing perfect iPhone rules of focus, when duty tells me I should, instead, be industriously varnishing terrace shutters already neglected last year. Guilt, guilt, who needs it. ;-(
« Last Edit: May 28, 2025, 08:19:44 am by Rob C »
Logged

degrub

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2558
Re: iPhone 13 Mini
« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2025, 08:48:44 am »

i like.
Logged

kers

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4605
    • Pieter Kers
Re: iPhone 13 Mini
« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2025, 01:35:20 pm »

No need to buy: already found relative poverty by myself!

This little iPhone is really growing on me; so convenient and totally free of having to commit to a "photo walk", which is like golf: ruins a good stroll.
I just bought one... second hand;
An iPhone 13 mini! Best smallest alternatve ...
under 700€ there is no new and no small iPhone anymore..
Not for photography- i have small nikon J5 for that
« Last Edit: May 28, 2025, 01:39:15 pm by kers »
Logged

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25155
Re: iPhone 13 Mini
« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2025, 05:23:46 pm »

I just bought one... second hand;
An iPhone 13 mini! Best smallest alternatve ...
under 700€ there is no new and no small iPhone anymore..
Not for photography- i have small nikon J5 for that


Enjoy it! ;-)

Rob 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Up