Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 400   Go Down

Author Topic: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political  (Read 509699 times)

Peter McLennan

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4692
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7580 on: October 14, 2020, 12:48:27 am »

You reminded me that Tucker Carlson was a participant in one of the best discussions of politics and media ever broadcast. I just rewatched it.

https://www.youtube.com/Tucker Carlson-Paul Begala-Jon Stewart-Crossfire

Gawd, I miss him.  What the world needs now is Jon Stewart.
Logged

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7581 on: October 14, 2020, 10:13:51 am »

Gawd, I miss him.  What the world needs now is Jon Stewart.
He was edgy when he had his program.  But the nighttime comedy lineup is now all liberal, anti-Trump, pro-Democrat.  Everyone's doing his shtick. It's gotten passe and boring.

chez

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2501
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7582 on: October 14, 2020, 10:37:25 am »

He was edgy when he had his program.  But the nighttime comedy lineup is now all liberal, anti-Trump, pro-Democrat.  Everyone's doing his shtick. It's gotten passe and boring.

Really, you think the nighttime comedy programs are boring? I think they are hilarious and Trump gives them new material daily. It's just so easy for comedians these days with Chetos out there making a fool of himself. I wonder where the late night shows will get their material when Biden takes over.
Logged

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7583 on: October 14, 2020, 10:48:47 am »

This is a good example of someone following the president's lead on virus precautions.
He was sure it was a hoax until he hosted a family get together event that infected at least 13 people, killing two.
The saddest part is that people will see that and continue ignore the danger (as instructed by their leader) unless it hits them personally, infecting and killing more people.
Logged
-MattB

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7584 on: October 14, 2020, 11:00:34 am »

Gawd, I miss him.  What the world needs now is Jon Stewart.

The last time I saw Jon Stewart he was being interviewed about how Trump has been siphoning off the payments to the NYC 9/11 first responders' fund for the last couple of years. I think Trump was using the money to put new air conditioning units in Trump Tower, but I could be wrong about that.
Logged

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7585 on: October 14, 2020, 11:10:43 am »

Really, you think the nighttime comedy programs are boring? I think they are hilarious and Trump gives them new material daily. It's just so easy for comedians these days with Chetos out there making a fool of himself. I wonder where the late night shows will get their material when Biden takes over.
If Biden wins, they'll make fun of his cognitive disability and gaffes. 

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7586 on: October 14, 2020, 11:13:45 am »

The last time I saw Jon Stewart he was being interviewed about how Trump has been siphoning off the payments to the NYC 9/11 first responders' fund for the last couple of years. I think Trump was using the money to put new air conditioning units in Trump Tower, but I could be wrong about that.
So you smear him with made up gossip and false charges.  Good job. Really high class.

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7587 on: October 14, 2020, 12:18:23 pm »

So you smear him with made up gossip and false charges.  Good job. Really high class.

The charges are true, the administration took almost $4M from the 9/11 first responders fund. 
The anecdote about where the money went, although less critical to the gist of the story, may not be true.
But I applaud your dedication to truthful reporting. Lets see if you can apply it to your own posts too.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-administration-siphoned-almost-4-million-from-911-first-responders-fund-report-2020-09-11
Logged
-MattB

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7588 on: October 14, 2020, 12:23:50 pm »

The anecdote about where the money went, although less critical to the gist of the story, may not be true.

I'm am just reporting what a lot of people say. It could be that he was using the money to put in new elevators rather than new air conditioning units.
Logged

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7589 on: October 14, 2020, 12:31:25 pm »

I'm am just reporting what a lot of people say. It could be that he was using the money to put in new elevators rather than new air conditioning units.
Claiming innocence "it was the other guy" when you pass on gossip from a Trump hater to smear him is a copout. 

TechTalk

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3628
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7590 on: October 14, 2020, 12:40:52 pm »

The inability of some participants to recognize satire aside, it might be time to move the non-Covid discussion back to the election thread.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 01:05:00 pm by TechTalk »
Logged
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7591 on: October 14, 2020, 12:43:34 pm »

Claiming innocence "it was the other guy" when you pass on gossip from a Trump hater to smear him is a copout.

How about a Trump lover smearing his opponent?
Logged
-MattB

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7592 on: October 14, 2020, 12:55:04 pm »

The inability of some participants to recognize satire aside, it might be time to move the non-coved discussion back to the election thread.

I was unsuccessful a few posts back of steering us back to COVID when I reported that Eric Trump said his father had invented a coronavirus vaccine called Trump-Vaxx. I don't know what more I can do. That should have been big news. I'll try again.

BYU-Idaho students caught contracting coronavirus to donate plasma for cash will be 'suspended,'

https://www.foxnews.com/health/byu-idaho-students-contracting-coronavirus-donate-plasma-cash

I think the students were enrolled in the business school and this was supposed to be a class project on entrepreneurship, but like I said about the air conditioning units, I could be wrong about that.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 01:06:40 pm by faberryman »
Logged

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7593 on: October 14, 2020, 01:01:29 pm »

Like I said previously, don't count your chickens before they hatch.  Those who laughed at America, now have to look inward.

Europe Overtakes U.S. in New Cases of Covid-19
Rising tide of infections on the continent has health authorities worried whether hospitals will hold

This week, Europe overtook the U.S. in a key metric that tracks the virus’s spread while accounting for differences in population size. The 27 countries of the European Union and the U.K. recorded 78,000 cases a day on average over a seven-day period ending on Oct. 12, or 152 cases for every million residents. The U.S. recorded 49,000 a day on average over the same period, about 150 for every million residents.

That is the first time Europe has outpaced the U.S. since the virus’s peak in the spring when the disease was spreading largely undetected because of countries’ limited testing capacity. Europe has now reached a critical mass of new cases similar to what the U.S. faced in late June when infections skyrocketed from Florida to California.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/europe-overtakes-u-s-in-new-cases-of-covid-as-restrictions-tighten-11602669748

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7594 on: October 14, 2020, 01:03:52 pm »

I was unsuccessful a few posts back of steering us back to COVID when I reported that Eric Trump said his father had invented a vaccine. I don't know what more I can do. That should have been big news. I'll try again.

BYU-Idaho students caught contracting coronavirus to donate plasma for cash will be 'suspended,'

https://www.foxnews.com/health/byu-idaho-students-contracting-coronavirus-donate-plasma-cash

I think the students were enrolled in the business school and this was supposed to be a class project on entrepreneurship, but like I said about the air conditioning units, I could be wrong.
This might be satire.  The gossip about Trump was a smear.

jeremyrh

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2514
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7595 on: October 14, 2020, 03:10:55 pm »

Like I said previously, don't count your chickens before they hatch.  Those who laughed at America, now have to look inward.


Nobody was laughing, they were looking on in horror as Trump ignored the spread of the virus.
Logged

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7596 on: October 14, 2020, 03:23:58 pm »

Nobody was laughing, they were looking on in horror as Trump ignored the spread of the virus.
If it was such a horror, why are Europeans doing similarly? After all, you'd think they would have learned something by now.

TechTalk

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3628
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7597 on: October 14, 2020, 04:02:00 pm »

Nobody was laughing, they were looking on in horror as Trump ignored the spread of the virus.

McConnell was chuckling and laughing a few days ago during the debate with his Senate challenger as she discussed the Covid crisis. It wasn't a good look.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/2020/10/13/mcconnell-mcgrath-debate-twitter-erupts-at-mcconnells-gleeful-laugh

https://twitter.com/McConnell’s gleeful laugh when McGrath talks about his failures on COVID is...something
Logged
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

jeremyrh

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2514
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7598 on: October 14, 2020, 04:45:23 pm »

If it was such a horror, why are Europeans doing similarly? After all, you'd think they would have learned something by now.

You'd have hoped so, wouldn't you, but the mini-Trump is not much less stupid than the large version.
Logged

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7599 on: October 14, 2020, 06:42:42 pm »

It has been disclosed that Barron Trump tested positive for coronavirus too. It's a family affair. The Javankas reported they tested negative on October 2nd, but haven't been seen or heard from since.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/14/melania-trump-says-barron-coronavirus-429478

The last photo I saw of Ivanka was at the debate on September 29th, very stylishly dressed.

"But this time, Ivanka Trump outdid herself. In a cream blazer, wrap belt, matching business pants, and metallic, gold stilettos, Ivanka Trump looked like a modern-day Ice Queen."

Who ever heard of cream business pants? Usually you save those for attending a royal croquet match. Perhaps they meant business metallic, gold stilettos and just got things turned around. Jared doesn't own any clothes. He's got one black suit, one white shirt, and one black tie. Not good at making decisions I guess.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 07:21:37 pm by faberryman »
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 400   Go Up