The victim shares some of the responsibility. He made some bad choices.
Oh yeah, he had it coming.
I was thinking about a thought experiment. Imagine the police arresting a militia guy in this manner and then one of the militia guy's buddies, realizing that the cop is killing his buddy (contrary to the constitution or I hope it is), empties a clip from his AR-15 into the cop. Would that be murder or would that be exercising his rights to defend his buddy's constitution rights from arbitrary police force?
I don't think it's reasonable that people be killed while being arrested, do you? Handcuffs are usually enough to restrain people, no need to kill them. Is it really the function of the police to meet out punishment? Is that what they are for?
There was another story last week with video showing police puncturing the tires that belonged to journalists who were covering a demonstration. Soviets would be proud of that, police who intimidate the press on behalf of the administration. Something to be proud of, that.