Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: late to the game PS 2019 and canon ipf8400  (Read 794 times)

mstevensphoto

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 448
    • Denver Commercial Photographer
late to the game PS 2019 and canon ipf8400
« on: November 23, 2019, 01:19:30 pm »

Hi Folks, I've been successfully working my ipf 8400 with CS6 on a mac for some years now. I never made a change because I never wanted to mess with it during a busy period and it worked exactly to my expectations. well, sad-ish news, the computer has bitten the dust and now I've got photoshop cc 2019 and still the ipf 8400.

what is the least brain damaging and best results combo you are using to print? fight the plugin into photoshop? change to canon print/layout? I've searched and not seeing much on getting my older plugins to work on newer photoshop. any articles you found particularly helpful?
Logged

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: late to the game PS 2019 and canon ipf8400
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 01:21:59 pm »

what is the least brain damaging and best results combo you are using to print? fight the plugin into photoshop? change to canon print/layout? I've searched and not seeing much on getting my older plugins to work on newer photoshop. any articles you found particularly helpful?
Is there some problem using PS's print dialog? What are the benefits from complicating the process?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 01:30:08 pm by faberryman »
Logged

mearussi

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 805
Re: late to the game PS 2019 and canon ipf8400
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 01:28:25 pm »

I have Windows 10, PS 2019 and print with no problem on my ipf6400.
Logged

Garnick

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1229
Re: late to the game PS 2019 and canon ipf8400
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 02:12:14 pm »

I have Windows 10, PS 2019 and print with no problem on my ipf6400.

Since I don't use Windows I cannot reply to that particular issue.  However, I assume you meant the Mac had bitten the dust.  Which model and year is the Mac?  Would you rather use PS 2019 on the Mac if it was still working.  Reason I ask is that one of my Mac Pro machines bit the dust early this year, or at least that's what I thought.  After many replies to my issue on the Apple forum I stripped down the Mac Pro and finally found the problem and fixed it.  It has been working very well since then and now I also know what to look for if there's an issue with my Main Work Mac Pro.  If you'd like to send some more information I may perhaps be able to help, although no guarantee.

Gary   
Logged
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

mstevensphoto

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 448
    • Denver Commercial Photographer
Re: late to the game PS 2019 and canon ipf8400
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 02:17:30 pm »

Is there some problem using PS's print dialog? What are the benefits from complicating the process?

PS print dialog has never been my choice. the canon print plugin gives superior options for control of the process, there is no complication you just choose export to plugin instead of cmnd-p
Logged

mstevensphoto

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 448
    • Denver Commercial Photographer
Re: late to the game PS 2019 and canon ipf8400
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2019, 02:19:20 pm »

Since I don't use Windows I cannot reply to that particular issue.  However, I assume you meant the Mac had bitten the dust.  Which model and year is the Mac?  Would you rather use PS 2019 on the Mac if it was still working.  Reason I ask is that one of my Mac Pro machines bit the dust early this year, or at least that's what I thought.  After many replies to my issue on the Apple forum I stripped down the Mac Pro and finally found the problem and fixed it.  It has been working very well since then and now I also know what to look for if there's an issue with my Main Work Mac Pro.  If you'd like to send some more information I may perhaps be able to help, although no guarantee.

Gary

I don't use windows either....had to double check my OP to make sure I mentioned Mac.
I had an imac that I was using. it's gone (literally gone bought a new one).

the current thing is getting the plugin to work with photoshop cc 2019 on the new mac....
Logged

Garnick

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1229
Re: late to the game PS 2019 and canon ipf8400
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2019, 05:46:17 pm »

I don't use windows either....had to double check my OP to make sure I mentioned Mac.
I had an imac that I was using. it's gone (literally gone bought a new one).

the current thing is getting the plugin to work with photoshop cc 2019 on the new mac....

I apologize, I was referring to the wrong reply from Mearussi, which is why I thought you now had a Windows machine.  However, I still cannot help since I use Epson printers.  I also use the Epson Photoshop print dialog with no issues, unless I'm simply not paying attention.  I've been using that dialog for all of my digital printing since 2003 and two Epson 7600 printers, so I suppose I'm so used to it that it seems to be very simple in my opinion.  There may be better ways, but I'm an old dog and don't need any new tricks at this point.  I've made a LOT of prints with these printers, now the P7000, all going through the Epson Driver.   
Logged
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

mstevensphoto

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 448
    • Denver Commercial Photographer
Re: late to the game PS 2019 and canon ipf8400
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2019, 11:09:29 pm »

well it seems I've solved my own issue and will post for the archives...

I've uninstalled and re-installed photoshop....twice. re-downloaded the plugin and re-installed it....ta-da! it works.

I don't know what the deal is or why, but I can now choose the plugin and operate exactly as I have for the last several years (also an old dog who is uninterested in learning new tricks).
Logged

deanwork

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2400
Re: late to the game PS 2019 and canon ipf8400
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2019, 11:15:41 pm »

Yea, I’m using the 8300 always with the latest version of Photoshop and the ps canon plugin. I remember once having to call canon and they had me delete the old plugin and reinstall that latest version. After that no issues.





well it seems I've solved my own issue and will post for the archives...

I've uninstalled and re-installed photoshop....twice. re-downloaded the plugin and re-installed it....ta-da! it works.

I don't know what the deal is or why, but I can now choose the plugin and operate exactly as I have for the last several years (also an old dog who is uninterested in learning new tricks).
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up