Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't print from LR anymore  (Read 842 times)

Robcat

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 155
Can't print from LR anymore
« on: September 17, 2017, 08:03:31 pm »

I have recently been unable to print to my Canon 8400 from Lightroom (CC, running on Win 10). Had been working fine for ages before this started and I can still print just fine from Photoshop with the Canon Export module. The computer is clearly communicating w the printer. I hadn’t changed any settings before this occurred.
Now, in LR, clicking “print” opens the Canon imagePROGRAF Preview pane but without showing any preview image, with the commands all grayed out and inactive. The module will close only through Task Manager, which shows a large amount of CPU activity from the Preview module. In printer setup, I unchecked the box for “open preview when print job starts,” and the module still opens but crashed. Re-installed current Canon printer driver, no change. Installed latest LR CC update, no change. Everything else in LR seems to be functional. Happens with roll and sheet paper.
Any thoughts?
Logged

digitaldog

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21652
  • Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Can't print from LR anymore
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 09:44:00 pm »

Try deleting any custom print presets and rebuilding them. Try deleting the preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/
Logged
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Geraldo Garcia

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 470
    • Personal blog
Re: Can't print from LR anymore
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 10:47:41 pm »

Mine is the same after a recent update. It actually has nothing to do with lightroom and is an issue between windows 10 and the print preview module from canon. Just disable the opening of the print preview in the printer settings and it should work just fine.
I know it is not ideal, but I could not make it work any other way, even deleted and reinstalled the driver but the problem persists.
Regards.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up