Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Hasselblad *won't* be announcing on the 22nd. (Cross-Posted)  (Read 3602 times)

NickT

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269


A digital x-pan.

You won't be seeing an x-pan on the 22nd. In the future who knows, but I think it extremely unlikely.

Why? When the x-pan first came out you didn't have the stitching options that we have now so it was pretty unique (a baby 6X17). Now you can easily stitch if you want, or indeed crop into a high resolution chip if that's what you need. Also it's not as if anyone if making chips in this format, it's just too niche a market.

A re-badged something else.

No no and no. This is a totally new thing.

People have pointed out that Mr Oosting has a background in luxury products (Vertu) but that has no bearing on this thing.

And I agree that the Lunar/Stellar this was very badly done, this is nothing at all like that.

I'll say it again, I really do think the thing is a game changer. I thought so the minute I handled it.

Bring on the 22nd!
Logged

Theodoros

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2454
Re: What Hasselblad *won't* be announcing on the 22nd. (Cross-Posted)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 06:50:26 pm »


I'll say it again, I really do think the thing is a game changer. I thought so the minute I handled it.

Bring on the 22nd!


Lula used to be a nice place....  :o
Logged

Ken R

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 849
Re: What Hasselblad *won't* be announcing on the 22nd. (Cross-Posted)
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 08:39:25 pm »

The rumor circulating right now is that it's a Moto Z (X) (yes, the smartphone) Accessory. Snaps right in.
Logged

jduncan

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 434
Re: What Hasselblad *won't* be announcing on the 22nd. (Cross-Posted)
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 08:56:07 pm »

The rumor circulating right now is that it's a Moto Z (X) (yes, the smartphone) Accessory. Snaps right in.

I will not be surprised if you are right, and of that I am afraid.

Best regards
Logged
english is not my first language, an I k

hcubell

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 810
    • http://www.howardcubell.com
Re: What Hasselblad *won't* be announcing on the 22nd. (Cross-Posted)
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 10:03:49 pm »

A digital x-pan.

You won't be seeing an x-pan on the 22nd. In the future who knows, but I think it extremely unlikely.

Why? When the x-pan first came out you didn't have the stitching options that we have now so it was pretty unique (a baby 6X17). Now you can easily stitch if you want, or indeed crop into a high resolution chip if that's what you need. Also it's not as if anyone if making chips in this format, it's just too niche a market.

A re-badged something else.

No no and no. This is a totally new thing.

People have pointed out that Mr Oosting has a background in luxury products (Vertu) but that has no bearing on this thing.

And I agree that the Lunar/Stellar this was very badly done, this is nothing at all like that.

I'll say it again, I really do think the thing is a game changer. I thought so the minute I handled it.

Bring on the 22nd!

Thanks, Nick. Hang in there and please do your best to ignore the fools who can't restrain themselves. You aren't from the US, but did you ever hear of Beavis and Butthead? They have morphed and now giggle together on the LuLa Medium Format Forum.
Logged

Pics2

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 198
Re: What Hasselblad *won't* be announcing on the 22nd. (Cross-Posted)
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 12:28:11 pm »

Thanks, Nick. Hang in there and please do your best to ignore the fools who can't restrain themselves. You aren't from the US, but did you ever hear of Beavis and Butthead? They have morphed and now giggle together on the LuLa Medium Format Forum.
Spot on :). Despite their giggling I visited the forum for valuable information they always have. But, now, not even that here. There's way more useful info about new Hasselblad on mirrorlessrumors.
Logged

hasselbladfan

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 576
Re: What Hasselblad *won't* be announcing on the 22nd. (Cross-Posted)
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 01:29:29 pm »


I'll say it again, I really do think the thing is a game changer. I thought so the minute I handled it.


Come on, Nick, you can tell us.

We will keep it quiet. We are among friends. 
Logged

BobShaw

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2272
    • Aspiration Images
Re: What Hasselblad *won't* be announcing on the 22nd. (Cross-Posted)
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 03:28:09 am »

Frankly I think  a digital panoramic camera would be a game changer. Stitching is just a way to produce a wide image when you don't have a 6x17 (meaning something better than stitching).
You can't stitch waves and trees move between shots.
That's why Ken Duncan for example still carries a 6x17.

After saying that, no, I don't think there one will be coming from Hasselblad. They have too much invested in the H.
Logged
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

synn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1235
    • My fine art portfolio
Re: What Hasselblad *won't* be announcing on the 22nd. (Cross-Posted)
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 03:41:20 am »

Flirting with the limits of the NDA, one question to Nick.
Will I be able to use my Mamiya 645 lenses on it with a simple adapter? :)
Logged
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

ErikKaffehr

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11311
    • Echophoto
Re: What Hasselblad *won't* be announcing on the 22nd. (Cross-Posted)
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2016, 03:46:48 am »

Hi,

It mostly works quite well...

Best regards
Erik


You can't stitch waves and trees move between shots.

Logged
Erik Kaffehr
 

Bart_van_der_Wolf

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8919
Re: What Hasselblad *won't* be announcing on the 22nd. (Cross-Posted)
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2016, 03:50:25 am »

Flirting with the limits of the NDA, one question to Nick.
Will I be able to use my Mamiya 645 lenses on it with a simple adapter? :)

Hi Sandeep,

I'm sure Nick can answer you tomorrow ... ;)

My guess is it's a 35mm camera , so with a proper adapter and assuming a short flange distance, it might accommodate your Mamiya 645 lenses.

Cheers,
Bart
Logged
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

synn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1235
    • My fine art portfolio
Re: What Hasselblad *won't* be announcing on the 22nd. (Cross-Posted)
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2016, 04:10:46 am »

Hi Sandeep,

I'm sure Nick can answer you tomorrow ... ;)

My guess is it's a 35mm camera , so with a proper adapter and assuming a short flange distance, it might accommodate your Mamiya 645 lenses.

Cheers,
Bart

Hah indeed, we will know very soon.
Personally, I hope it is 44x33 and not a 35mm camera. if I wanted a 35mm mirrorless, I would have gone for an A7R2 months ago.
Logged
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

ErikKaffehr

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11311
    • Echophoto
Re: What Hasselblad *won't* be announcing on the 22nd. (Cross-Posted)
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2016, 04:42:02 am »

Hi,

Regarding the question of adapters, I would guess that we are going to see manual adapters pretty soon. Electrical adapters may take some time if reverse engineering is needed. The may be IP issues, too.

Best regards
Erik


Hah indeed, we will know very soon.
Personally, I hope it is 44x33 and not a 35mm camera. if I wanted a 35mm mirrorless, I would have gone for an A7R2 months ago.
Logged
Erik Kaffehr
 

NickT

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
Re: What Hasselblad *won't* be announcing on the 22nd. (Cross-Posted)
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2016, 04:44:43 am »

Flirting with the limits of the NDA, one question to Nick.
Will I be able to use my Mamiya 645 lenses on it with a simple adapter? :)

We are about 24 hours away, I can't wait until we can talk about this thing.
Logged

synn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1235
    • My fine art portfolio
Re: What Hasselblad *won't* be announcing on the 22nd. (Cross-Posted)
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2016, 04:45:53 am »

Manual adapters are just fine, I don't need AF or even matrix metering for the type of use I have in mind.
Logged
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up