Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portugal beaches - Porto Novo and Santa Cruz  (Read 2333 times)

Paulo Bizarro

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7522
    • http://www.paulobizarro.com
Portugal beaches - Porto Novo and Santa Cruz
« on: February 03, 2016, 07:10:39 am »

These beaches are in an area 40 or 50 km north of Lisbon. I don't know the are very well, but I spend one night in a little hotel facing the beach of Porto Novo. I was lucky to be there in time for sunset, and then the next morning for moonset.

A few km south there is the popular beach of Santa Cruz, with its famous rock arch. This stretch of coastline is dubbed "Jurassic Coast", for the age of its rocks, and the many dinosaur fossils that have been found.

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Portugal beaches - Porto Novo and Santa Cruz
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 08:45:25 am »

A fine set, Paulo.

My favorites are the first two.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

thierrylegros396

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1949
Re: Portugal beaches - Porto Novo and Santa Cruz
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 11:26:16 am »

A fine set, Paulo.

My favorites are the first two.

+1

Especially the 2nd, because of the 3 color bands and the water flow in the foreground.

Thierry
Logged

polaris-14

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
    • Portfolio
Re: Portugal beaches - Porto Novo and Santa Cruz
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 02:16:05 pm »

The second one is really nice, Paulo. I wonder if it will benefit from cropping a little on the top and then some on the right. I love how the rocks give you a leading line to the moon! :)
Logged
Adhika Lie
Website | Flickr

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: Portugal beaches - Porto Novo and Santa Cruz
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 02:17:50 pm »

Me too, I love the color shots with the second being my favorite.
Logged
Francois

justlikebeingthere

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
Re: Portugal beaches - Porto Novo and Santa Cruz
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 06:00:16 pm »

The black and white shots seem very nice.

sdwilsonsct

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3312
Re: Portugal beaches - Porto Novo and Santa Cruz
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 07:54:41 pm »

2 and 4 have lots of dimensionality.

Paulo Bizarro

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7522
    • http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: Portugal beaches - Porto Novo and Santa Cruz
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 04:10:20 am »

The second one is really nice, Paulo. I wonder if it will benefit from cropping a little on the top and then some on the right. I love how the rocks give you a leading line to the moon! :)

Thanks everybody. As for the above suggestion, I actually took another shot with a different composition, but also with different water movement.

thierrylegros396

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1949
Re: Portugal beaches - Porto Novo and Santa Cruz
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 08:22:46 am »

Thanks everybody. As for the above suggestion, I actually took another shot with a different composition, but also with different water movement.

I prefer the 2nd because of the 2 (very well placed) rocks.

Thierry
Logged

churly

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1295
Re: Portugal beaches - Porto Novo and Santa Cruz
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 05:08:36 pm »

Late to the game as usual but I particularly line #2 for the motion and #4 for the geology.
Logged
Chuck Hurich

Rajan Parrikar

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3950
    • Rajan Parrikar
Re: Portugal beaches - Porto Novo and Santa Cruz
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 12:58:13 pm »

Paulo,

Google "Hvítserkur" and compare with your third image.

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Portugal beaches - Porto Novo and Santa Cruz
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 01:57:37 pm »

Paulo,

Google "Hvítserkur" and compare with your third image.
I thought of Dyrholaey, at Vik, but Hvítserkur is certainly a better match (but I haven't been there in person).

Eric
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)
Pages: [1]   Go Up