Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ice Storm  (Read 498 times)

churly

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1295
Ice Storm
« on: April 08, 2020, 10:02:23 am »

A couple of shots from an ice storm last week.  I was doing a remote PhD exam and dashed out and grabbed these just as the light was beginning to disappear.

Chuck
Logged
Chuck Hurich

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25141
Re: Ice Storm
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 10:47:46 am »

llustrates how I might feel regarding any PhD exam!

;-)

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Ice Storm
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 11:12:50 am »

Lovely set, especially the second.

Do we now have to call you Dr. Chuck?
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

churly

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1295
Re: Ice Storm
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 12:51:12 pm »

No, I've been Dr. Chuck since the late 1980's so I was on the other end of the stick.  Anyway no one uses the title anyway.  It was the first completely remote PhD exam that I have participated in so I was sitting at our dining room table watching the light come and go but, as I was chairing the exam, I couldn't sneak away for 10 minutes without everyone else knowing.  Remote exams aren't the best but we make do as we can in these times.

Chuck
Logged
Chuck Hurich

Slobodan Blagojevic

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 18209
  • When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Ice Storm
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 01:04:50 pm »

I like #3 very much.

Jeremy Roussak

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9263
    • site
Re: Ice Storm
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 01:08:52 pm »

Good set, particularly the second.

Jeremy
Logged

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: Ice Storm
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 03:57:41 am »

I love the second one but #1 and #3 are not that far behind. The light was just right!
Logged
Francois

churly

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1295
Re: Ice Storm
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2020, 06:30:42 pm »

Thanks all for having a look.  I'm hoping to make use of the 'distancing time' to do more shooting even if I am basically confined to our yard.

Chuck
Logged
Chuck Hurich
Pages: [1]   Go Up