Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson P9000 Signature Worthy ICC Profiles Missing  (Read 4565 times)

MartyR99

• Studio
Epson P9000 Signature Worthy ICC Profiles Missing
« on: May 04, 2018, 09:43:38 pm »

After recently upgrading from Epson 7890 to the P9000, I installed Epson's available "Standard Legacy Profiles" package and for some reason it seems several of the Signature Worthy paper ICC profiles are not in that package. Specifically, the Cold Press/Hot Press papers.  I've re-run the exe file to make sure, but they either aren't installed or not included in the 31 profiles installed.

I have come across specific references to profiles for those papers for the P7000 and P9000 and wondering where those folks found them.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I still have complete rolls of those I'd like to use.

Thanks.

Here's what gets installed on my Win7/64 system:
SC-P9000_P7000_Series Standard.icc
SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLK ArchivalMattePaper_MK.icc
SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLK ArchivalMattePaper_PK.icc
SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLK CanvasMatte.icc
SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLK CanvasSatin.icc
SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLK EnhancedMattePaper_MK.icc
SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLK EnhancedMattePaper_PK.icc
SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLK EnhancedMattePosterBoard_MK.icc
SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLK EnhancedMattePosterBoard_PK.icc
SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLK EpsonProofingPaperCommercial.icc
SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLK EpsonProofingPaperWhiteSemimatte.icc
SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLK LegacyBaryta_PK_v1.icc
SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLK LegacyEtching_MK_v1.icc
SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLK LegacyFibre_MK_v1.icc
SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLK LegacyPlatine_PK_v1.icc
SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLK PhotoPaperGloss250.icc
SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLK PremiumGlossyPhotoPaper.icc
SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLK PremiumGlossyPhotoPaper170.icc
SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLK PremiumGlossyPhotoPaper250.icc
SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLK PremiumLusterPhotoPaper.icc
SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLK PremiumLusterPhotoPaper260.icc
SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLK PremiumSemiglossPhotoPaper.icc
SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLK PremiumSemiglossPhotoPaper170.icc
SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLK PremiumSemiglossPhotoPaper250.icc
SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLK PremiumSemimattePhotoPaper260.icc
SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLK UltraSmoothFineArtPaper_MK.icc
SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLK UltraSmoothFineArtPaper_PK.icc
SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLK VelvetFineArtPaper_MK.icc
SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLK VelvetFineArtPaper_PK.icc
SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLK WatercolorPaper-RadiantWhite_MK.icc
SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLK WatercolorPaper-RadiantWhite_PK.icc

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

MartyR99

• Studio
Re: Epson P9000 Signature Worthy ICC Profiles Missing
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 11:39:46 pm »

Yes, that's the only profiles download source that I'm aware of. That's the one I used. 

Epson used to allow inidividual paper/device profiles to be downloaded, but over the past 12-18 months their web site revamp kind of forces you through their menu-driven support pages to the download page with all profiles embedded in a single executable file.

I'm wondering if Epson has eliminated those cold press/hot press profiles for some reason after initially making them available back in 2016 when the P7000/P9000 were announced.

If anyone has Epson's Win7/64 profiles for those 4 papers, I'd appreciate your sending them to me.

Garnick

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 10:50:52 am »

Yes, that's the only profiles download source that I'm aware of. That's the one I used. 

Epson used to allow inidividual paper/device profiles to be downloaded, but over the past 12-18 months their web site revamp kind of forces you through their menu-driven support pages to the download page with all profiles embedded in a single executable file.

I'm wondering if Epson has eliminated those cold press/hot press profiles for some reason after initially making them available back in 2016 when the P7000/P9000 were announced.

If anyone has Epson's Win7/64 profiles for those 4 papers, I'd appreciate your sending them to me.

Hi Marty,

Hmmmm...that is rather strange :o .  I purchased a P7000 in June '17 and the driver contains all of the profiles you referred to as being missing.  I'm using Mac, but I cannot understand why that would make any difference as far as accessibility is concerned.  Obviously the one meant for Mac wouldn't be accessible in a Windows platform, or I would send them along.  Hopefully you'll have some luck with another Windows user.

Gary

Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2018, 11:34:42 am »

Obviously the one meant for Mac wouldn't be accessible in a Windows platform, or I would send them along.
You can do so, ICC profiles are cross platform. But how well a P7000 profile would work on a P9000 I can't say but if they behave the same (same ink set etc), could work. You'll need to pick them out of the package Epson places them into on the Mac should you wish to go that route.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

MartyR99

• Studio
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2018, 02:55:00 pm »

Thanks, guys. I had actually looked at the exe filename on the P7000 profiles download page and I thought it showed the same name as for the P9000. Contents might be different afterall, though, so I might as well try that. Otherwise, I reckon I'll hook up the ColorMunki and start profiling. I found a couple of Signature Worthy sample packs with those papers in them, so I might as well put them to use.

Farmer

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2018, 06:55:27 pm »

Ummm, why not contact Epson first?
Phil Brown

BrianWJH

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2018, 10:47:18 pm »

Maybe try this link.

Brian.

MartyR99

• Studio
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2018, 03:23:11 am »

Ummm, why not contact Epson first?

I have a question submitted to Epson as a trouble ticket, but no response, yet. I also looked around at Epson-Europe sites,  because I've had success there a few times in the past finding more info than at Epson-U.S.A. All eventually lead back to the same Epson support page and the same "Standard Legacy Profiles"

Maybe try this link.

Brian.
Thanks, Brian! Those profiles look like they're probably compatible assuming the Australian P9070 = U.S. P9000. I'll start with those.

Garnick

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2018, 08:46:02 am »

You can do so, ICC profiles are cross platform. But how well a P7000 profile would work on a P9000 I can't say but if they behave the same (same ink set etc), could work. You'll need to pick them out of the package Epson places them into on the Mac should you wish to go that route.

Hi Andrew,

Actually the profiles for the P9000 and P7000 are interchangeable.  As a matter of fact, the profile names start as follows - SC-P9000_P7000_Series_LLKColdPressNatural  etc.  Here's the part I forgot when I offered to send them to Marty.  Starting with the 79/9900 series printers the paper profiles contained in the driver installation were hidden.  I have just tried to find them, but it's a no go situation.  I have never seen the download page that was sent by Brian, but it seems that all the necessary profiles are there.  The only issue I have is that somehow it doesn't look like an official Epson site.  I'm probably mistaken, but I don't think I would trust it.  Also, why only Australia?  Just doesn't seem legit to me.

Gary 
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

BrianWJH

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2018, 04:22:13 pm »

The Epson SureColor P9000 is the Australian (and European also I think) SureColor P9070, just as the SureColor P10000 is the Australian SureColor P10070.

Gary, yes the link is to the official Australian Epson website, got no idea why different Epson websites choose to have different offerings, for example the Japanese Kozo Paper Thin has always been available in Australia and UK, Germany and possibly other EU countries but not in the USA.

In Australia Epson do not (yet) distribute the Legacy range of papers,  have no idea why.

Also you guys in the USA can purchase an Epson SureColor P9000 for $4995.00 ($3995.00 with current discount), here in Australia the price is $10,495.00 and no discounts, even allowing for exchange rate difference the converted to USD is still only $6745.00, so a $3750.00 premium for the Epson southern equatorial surcharge, Epson also restrict the sale of their USA offerings so sites like BHPhotoVideo cannot sell to other countries.

Brian.

Farmer

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2018, 05:54:26 pm »

The only issue I have is that somehow it doesn't look like an official Epson site.  I'm probably mistaken, but I don't think I would trust it.  Also, why only Australia?  Just doesn't seem legit to me.

Gary

Look at the URL - it's an official Epson site - the Epson Australia site.  It's 100% legit.  Different media are released in different parts of the world and support can vary, too, depending on the market (as in what's available and how it's presented and so on).
Phil Brown

MartyR99

• Studio
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2018, 06:24:17 pm »

As a follow-up, the Epson-Australia link for paper profiles seems fine. I've had time to test only one of the profiles (Hot Press Bright) and it does produce pretty good results, so I believe the profiles are the correct ones in spite of the model naming difference. But as is frequently the case, a custom profile will hopefully produce better results -- specifically with the dark blues and medium-to-dark pinks. Both are dusted with a bit of charcoal is the best description I can think of.  The other colors on the calibration image look spot on.  Of course, overall, the matte paper is a little dull and expected.

I have tended to favor lustre and glossy finishes for portrait and landscape work because of the richer, more satuated colors on Canson's Baryta and Platine Fibre, or Epson's Ultra Premium Lustre for volume portrait work. So about 95% of my printing to-date has been with Photo Black ink and very little with Matte ink/papers. But I have encountered a small project that I think will look much better on a matte paper and happen to have a few 24" rolls of unopened Hot Press and Cold Press paper that I'm imagining will look fantastic -- if I can get the colors a little closer to ideal. It will take some work.

If anyone on here has experience with those particular papers and care to comment on image tweaks (or devicetweaks) to exploit them, I would appreciate suggestions.

Thanks to all who commented on the post.

Marty
Pages: [1]   Go Up