Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPhone 17 Pro Max. New departure.  (Read 217 times)

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25136
iPhone 17 Pro Max. New departure.
« on: September 29, 2026, 03:38:00 pm »

Well, I still intend to use the 13 Mini too, have today, so that thread isn't abandoned - by me, at any rate. I think the older cellphone might serve better in the Daidochromes space than the 17, though that's not based on any tests, just love for the old girl.

Anyway, here I go into a newer era.

degrub

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2558
Re: iPhone 17 Pro Max. New departure.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2026, 08:15:15 pm »

Stunning send off !
Bravo !
Logged

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25136
Re: iPhone 17 Pro Max. New departure.
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2026, 09:31:17 am »

Stunning send off !
Bravo !

Thank you, “beginner’s luck” with the thing? One thing I’ve found is that the files from the 17 are more difficult to get to where I’d like them to look, than those from the 13 Mini. I get the distinct impression that they come out of the ‘phone (jpegs) more sharpened and hard looking. The 13 gives me the sense of kinder tones - more gentle, sweeter..
 
Bloody learning curves again!

Manoli

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2359
Re: iPhone 17 Pro Max. New departure.
« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:11:55 am »

The 13 gives me the sense of kinder tones - more gentle, sweeter..
Bloody learning curves again!

Rob,
Now you're in the land of latest & greatest, 2 suggestions

1/ Project Indigo (Adobe) - kinder tones, more natural, not over sharpened .
2/ Snapseed (Google - Lr alternative, with more plus points than I can list here)

Both freebies, both excellent.
Logged

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25136
Re: iPhone 17 Pro Max. New departure.
« Reply #4 on: Today at 12:18:58 pm »

Thanks, Manoli.

Checking Project Indigo out, it seems it produced 12MP files from all the lenses.

That kinda defeats the point of having much bigger files available, one of the attractions of the newer 'phones.

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up