Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop 2026 is installed, but Bridge still launches 2025  (Read 1210 times)

earlybird

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 404
Photoshop 2026 is installed, but Bridge still launches 2025
« on: December 08, 2025, 10:00:29 am »


Photoshop 2026 is installed, but Bridge still launches 2025 even though Automatically select the latest installed production version is checked in Bridge's preferences.

I did not even know 2026 v 27.+? was installed until I somehow inadvertently launched it and had to fumble with presets and Wacom drivers to get everything working before my malware paranoia set in.

Then the next time I launched Photoshop through Bridge, as is my primary workflow, I was back on 2025 v 26.+?

I looked and presently have Photoshop 2021, 2025, and 2026 installed in my Windows 11 x64 OS.

Is Bridge just quietly waiting for New Year's Day?
Logged

digitaldog

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21651
  • Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Photoshop 2026 is installed, but Bridge still launches 2025
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2025, 11:45:13 am »

The latest version of Bridge is Bridge 2026 16.0.0. IF you have anything older, remove it (use the Uninstaller: Uninstall Adobe Bridge XXXX).
Logged
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

earlybird

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 404
Re: Photoshop 2026 is installed, but Bridge still launches 2025
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2025, 12:21:22 pm »


Ah Heck, I had no idea that Adobe installed Bridge 2026 on my machine.

I just went and found it... so now it seems like I have to stumble through checking for proper migration of settings to 2026.  For example, 2026 says it is using my personal workspace, but it has the incorrect interface color theme.  I wonder what else I will have to discover.

Logged

digitaldog

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21651
  • Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Photoshop 2026 is installed, but Bridge still launches 2025
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2025, 12:41:33 pm »

Ah Heck, I had no idea that Adobe installed Bridge 2026 on my machine.
Check (set) your preferences in Creative Cloud for updates.
Logged
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

earlybird

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 404
Re: Photoshop 2026 is installed, but Bridge still launches 2025
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2025, 02:37:24 pm »


Thumbnails: Do not process files larger than had to be hunted down and adjusted to my previous preference.

Next?
Logged

digitaldog

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21651
  • Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Photoshop 2026 is installed, but Bridge still launches 2025
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2025, 02:45:32 pm »

Well, next could be what I did years ago; totally abandoned Bridge; I think it's a joke. I suppose that's why it is free. Or try:
https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html
Logged
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

earlybird

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 404
Re: Photoshop 2026 is installed, but Bridge still launches 2025
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2025, 02:57:36 pm »


I guess I am just too easy to please.

My overall experience with Bridge is that it does what it does, and I am okay with that.
Logged

digitaldog

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21651
  • Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Photoshop 2026 is installed, but Bridge still launches 2025
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2025, 08:49:26 pm »

Logged
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

earlybird

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 404
Re: Photoshop 2026 is installed, but Bridge still launches 2025
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2025, 10:26:54 am »


:-)

I did not expect much, and it actually exceeded my expectations, but it was not really helpful.

Thank you.

:-)

Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up