Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When a peach gets fuzzy....  (Read 474 times)

PeterAit

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4647
    • Peter Aitken Photographs
When a peach gets fuzzy....
« on: July 16, 2021, 09:27:49 am »

....it goes under my macro rig! These are spore sacs on mold on a very ripe peach. 10x magnification, 120 image stack.
Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: When a peach gets fuzzy....
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2021, 01:58:04 pm »

Oh dear.

And we have a load of southern peaches arriving in another week or so.

A fine image, however.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

John R

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5248
Re: When a peach gets fuzzy....
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2021, 09:30:35 pm »

Oh dear.

And we have a load of southern peaches arriving in another week or so.

A fine image, however.
Fabulous. The white sides coupled with light (or shadow?) sides, remind me of moon shots.

JR
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 06:10:46 pm by John R »
Logged

Arlen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1733
Re: When a peach gets fuzzy....
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2021, 11:37:24 pm »

A very interesting image indeed, of a subject seldom seen in such detail.

I would only add that surely a 120 image stack deserves more than a 600 x 400 px presentation. The whole point is to make something very small large enough to appreciate the detail.  :)
Logged

Todd Suttles

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 681
  • Hi, amateur learning my way...
    • Todd Suttles
Re: When a peach gets fuzzy....
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2021, 07:41:17 am »

I have a friend who uses a similar technique (I am assuming, of course) to create microscopic worlds from within crystals. What strikes me observing the two results is that I know, without knowing "what" I am looking at,-that I am seeing an artist's view of a natural thing; something that exists in nature, clearly not man-made. I also know your image is alive, and his is not. Your image lets me ponder how it is that I know that. An unanswerable question. I love it. -/t
Logged
One Day At A Time

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: When a peach gets fuzzy....
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2021, 02:01:57 pm »

That's pretty cool! Reminds me of a certain band...
Logged
-MattB

Bob_B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3747
  • It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
Re: When a peach gets fuzzy....
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2021, 07:11:38 am »

Spore sacs aka ascii (ascus, singular)... I couldn't help myself, but that's what happens after 40 years of being a microbiologist. Very nice photo!
Logged
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up