Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coffee Time  (Read 556 times)

Rajan Parrikar

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3950
    • Rajan Parrikar
Coffee Time
« on: July 03, 2021, 06:40:16 am »

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Coffee Time
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2021, 09:57:04 am »

If I lived in Iceland I would want a motorcycle (with saddlebags to hold thermoses of coffee.) With a 'bike you can easily get to so many gorgeous places that are questionable or impossible in a car.

Coffee is almost a religious object in Scandinavian countries. My father came from Norway, and his mother brewed coffee the "traditional" Norwegian way: Put ground coffee and water in a kettle and boil the daylights out of it. For her 90h birthday her sons gave her a Percolator as a present. She was delighted. She immediately threw out the inner "percolator" parts and boiled a fresh pot of coffee her traditional way...

I like these images a lot, Rajan.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14435
Re: Coffee Time
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2021, 10:54:23 am »

…
Coffee is almost a religious object in Scandinavian countries. My father came from Norway, and his mother brewed coffee the "traditional" Norwegian way: Put ground coffee and water in a kettle and boil the daylights out of it. For her 90h birthday her sons gave her a Percolator as a present. She was delighted. She immediately threw out the inner "percolator" parts and boiled a fresh pot of coffee her traditional way...…

Beautiful images and different mood around a same drink…

Eric, I didn't know that coffee was that big in northern countries. I thought it was only popular in southern countries like Spain and Italy.
Logged
Francois

Rajan Parrikar

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3950
    • Rajan Parrikar
Re: Coffee Time
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2021, 12:08:55 pm »

If I lived in Iceland I would want a motorcycle (with saddlebags to hold thermoses of coffee.) With a 'bike you can easily get to so many gorgeous places that are questionable or impossible in a car.

Coffee is almost a religious object in Scandinavian countries. My father came from Norway, and his mother brewed coffee the "traditional" Norwegian way: Put ground coffee and water in a kettle and boil the daylights out of it. For her 90h birthday her sons gave her a Percolator as a present. She was delighted. She immediately threw out the inner "percolator" parts and boiled a fresh pot of coffee her traditional way...

I like these images a lot, Rajan.

Thank you, Eric. Fascinating to hear about your grandmother. Did the coffee genes percolate to you as well?

Rajan Parrikar

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3950
    • Rajan Parrikar
Re: Coffee Time
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2021, 12:10:26 pm »

Beautiful images and different mood around a same drink…

Eric, I didn't know that coffee was that big in northern countries. I thought it was only popular in southern countries like Spain and Italy.

Thanks, Francois.

See this link for the highest coffee consumption per capita and you'll see how crazy the Nordics are.

And here is a more recent compilation.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 12:18:14 pm by Rajan Parrikar »
Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Coffee Time
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2021, 02:47:49 pm »

Wow!
It's amazing to me that the Nordic countries top the scale for coffee consumption, since I don't believe coffee is grown anywhere near them.

My wife and I typically have only about two cups a day, and that is partially decaf (but always fresh ground from organic beans.)
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14435
Re: Coffee Time
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2021, 08:35:47 am »

Thanks, Francois.

See this link for the highest coffee consumption per capita and you'll see how crazy the Nordics are.

And here is a more recent compilation.

Very instructive. Could it be because Italians (and other southern country citizens) drink in very small cups of coffee?
Anyway, thanks for the info, Rajan!
Logged
Francois

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: Coffee Time
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2021, 02:48:55 pm »

My aunt here in America was addicted to coffee flavored ice cream. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up