Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: black spots on images  (Read 2813 times)

jayz

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 54
black spots on images
« on: July 10, 2006, 12:28:51 pm »

i have some images taken this weekend with my new digital rebel.  I seem to have a lot of black dots on the images.  Do black dots result from sensor dust or something on the lens?  what can be done to remove them from my pics?  how do you remove spots on the sensor?  I started checking all my lenses and another lens that was not used for the photos in question seems to have something on the rear element that won't blow off.  what can be used to clean the rear element of a lens?
Logged

asfried

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • http://www.ariefriedman.com
black spots on images
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 01:04:35 pm »

Dust on the sensor.  Unlike film, it stays in the same place until you remove it.

I know lots of people swear by the brushes that are out there, but if I simply blow off my sensor with a bulb daily (it takes approx 15 secs), I almost never see dust spots.  If I blow it off (pun intended?) for a week, then the dust spots are everywhere.

Photoshop CS2 healing brush is also a great antidote for dustspots.

Just clean the sensor routinely.  Anyhow, I seem to recall dust on my film negatives, too...
Pages: [1]   Go Up