Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on April 06, 2015, 08:21:35 am

Title: Experimental sideways study
Post by: BobDavid on April 06, 2015, 08:21:35 am
Here's a sketch of a concept. The interplay between patterns and chaos in mundane situations is calling out to me. I wonder what this search will reveal/uncover.
Title: Re: Experimental sideways study
Post by: luxborealis on April 06, 2015, 09:39:39 am
Brilliant - keep experimenting! It's not what we're used to seeing here, but that exactly why it's helpful. You're work is a great reminder of the creative possibilities within.
Title: Re: Experimental sideways study
Post by: RSL on April 06, 2015, 11:32:05 am
I think Terry's right, but I have to admit that looking at it makes me dizzy.
Title: Re: Experimental sideways study
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 06, 2015, 01:53:27 pm
Terry and Russ are both right. Fantastic!
This a wonderful exploration you are embarked on. I look forward to the next several surprises.
Title: Re: Experimental sideways study
Post by: BobDavid on April 06, 2015, 10:20:08 pm
I think Terry's right, but I have to admit that looking at it makes me dizzy.

I got dizzy working on it. And then I got really dizzy when I flipped it sideways. That's when I figured it was time to go to bed.
Title: Re: Experimental sideways study
Post by: BobDavid on April 08, 2015, 01:45:48 am
A newer edition--not as dizzy as the first
Title: Re: Experimental sideways study
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 08, 2015, 02:30:48 pm
This one is delightful.
Title: Re: Experimental sideways study
Post by: Mjollnir on April 08, 2015, 03:14:26 pm
It's odd, and I really like odd.

Nicely executed.
Title: Re: Experimental sideways study
Post by: RSL on April 08, 2015, 07:43:56 pm
Much easier on the eyes and the brain.
Title: Re: Experimental sideways study
Post by: BobDavid on April 08, 2015, 09:57:21 pm
Much easier on the eyes and the brain.

It's almost there. Thanks for the encouragement. Sometimes my work veers off into the chaotic danger zone.
Title: Re: Experimental sideways study
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 09, 2015, 12:19:22 am
It's almost there. Thanks for the encouragement. Sometimes my work veers off into the chaotic danger zone.
That keeps it from being boring.